Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I just got my hands on a copy of Windows 7! :D
Lol. My friend got me a copy of it, cuz his dad works for Microsoft :shifty:
I think it's a much better improvement than all other previous Windows versions.
I think though, that it looks a lot like Vista...
But has more features than Vista, from what I've seen so far.

Screenshot of System Properties:
windows7qg9.jpg

Windows 7 is basically built upon the same foundation as Vista. Ultimately it's supposed to be the super fixed version of Vista aka Service Pack 2 from what I'm hearing.

adamlinux

Reaction score
I use Windows XP, but I prefer Linux because of its customization and ability to do anything i want it to do.

Max1337

Reaction score
Windows 7 is basically built upon the same foundation as Vista. Ultimately it's supposed to be the super fixed version of Vista aka Service Pack 2 from what I'm hearing.

Lol.
I know, my friend said the same thing...
But I still think these upgrades are pretty neat.

nterror

Reaction score
Windows7 = Vista
Vista was released way too early. Technically, Vista was never suppose to happen.

I have used Vista for over a year (driver issues prevented a fully working XP). Got so tired of it I went to Linux, and never looked back. I do have a Vista partition because I am a gamer, and unfortunately Wine doesn't solve everything. I don't mind dual booting.

MacOS... I always thought this OS was a joke. Will admit that I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but that is because I don't see the point. It's more proprietary and costly than M$, without benefits.

Technicolour

Reaction score
Vista.

Clean and Nice. After being on Vista and not having troubles at all I have to say that it is a nice improvement over XP.

xPlozion

Reaction score
because when it comes to games, linux, even with wine and cedega just don't cut it

i'm the same way. my linux distro of choice is archlinux, but i'm using xp because it's better than vista for games.

Last edited:

Max1337

Reaction score
Re: Which Os do u prefer

I would like to try out you OS one day. I have a very old laptop (Win 98 w/ 256MB Ram and 3.5GB HD) and if it will fit on there, I would try it. (I won't use my good computers, only the crappy ones.)

Yea, and so would a lot of other people lol
But your comp. more than likely wont support it, as it has nearly the same requirements as Vista... except a 256 MB graphics card :lol:

Jesse

Reaction score
Windows Vista for me. Never had Problems with it.

tdltinc

Reaction score
I agree with Jesse too. It's so advance to use for a user like me.. A professional OS. Unlike XP.
Edit:
By the way... What is the best Linux OS? I want to try it.

Last edited:

nterror

Reaction score
Difficult to say really. Each one does things differently. From the main distribution (Slackware, Debian, Gentoo, etc.), to the desktop manager (GNOME, KDE, Fluxbox, etc.), to being minimal or full featured. You need to find the one that's right for you. Most distributions have a Live CD option so you can try without installing.

I'm told a good first choice is Ubuntu, then there's Mint that is said to be Ubuntu done right. Other popular choices include PCLinuxOS, Mandriva, Fedora, OpenSUSE, and Arch. Thats just a handful.

ATM I'm trying to decide between Fedora and OpenSUSE.

aphotiX.

Reaction score
Windows XP.
No reason really, I'm currently running Windows Vista so it's not a bias vote.

BentFX

Reaction score
Other... I use Win2k pro because I own it. Microsoft is making it as difficult as possible to remain current with apps. Lots of the new stuff(express 2008 dev tools, silverlight, ie7) require XP or greater. I won't upgrade until I have too.

My laptop has XP Home. It is stable and fast, but not worth the price of updating the desktop machine. I'm happy riding a dinosaur :)

I dual boot with Ubuntu, but spend most of my time in Win2k

Last edited:

homer693

Reaction score
I prefer Linux, but I already have everything set up and all my files on my Windows XP so I just use XP,

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Linux: openSuse is by far the best. I have tried apple OSX, Windows 2k, XP, Vista, But openSuse is definitely more stable and more powerful. I also really like Ubuntu and Fedora. The GUIs available for linux are, in my eyes, almost as cool as the vista theme, but they are MUCH less system intensive.

GTKILLA

Reaction score
Windows Vista. Vista doesn't really suck and I think its better than xp! It has cool features and I like the graphics.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows Vista. Vista doesn't really suck and I think its better than xp! It has cool features and I like the graphics.
Vista is fine enough if you're running it on a dual core machine with 4 GB of ram and one of nVidia's really fast but $200 graphics cards. But not everyone has or wants to spend money on those things...
Linux is free, and it runs on the oldest of systems. The major versions have just as cool features as Vista, And KDE has really nice graphics. Comparable to Apple, but much less taxing on the system.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Even though I don't have The Mac OS (Only the one on my iPod Touch) I preffer it more than any other OS. ESpecially comapred to Vista. Vista fails!!!!

axesdenyd

Reaction score
My real answer is Unix... almost any flavor of it i've found. I think it's a lil easier to use then it's sister os. After the foundation, being linux/unix... it's a question of what GDE scheme you like...

Mine's either Aqua (OS X), or X11-Blackbox-XFCE4...

Status
Not open for further replies.