Thanks Microsoft

M

Macaws

Microsoft is one of the most successful businesses in the world. They make tons of money. They opened this site called DreamSpark (www.dreamspark.com) and they give away free software to students. Well, I downloaded Expression 2, and Expression Web wouldn't install. I contacted support, and they gave me a weblink. I went to it. And what do you know? They gave me support options. But wait... look at the little text:
Cost: $100 per support question.

WHATS THE POINT OF GIVING FREE SOFTWARE???!!!
Well, anyways, I wont be buying anything from them for a while.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Well if they give away free software who's gonna pay for support. For me it makes sense.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Microsoft is one of the most successful businesses in the world. They make tons of money. They opened this site called DreamSpark (www.dreamspark.com) and they give away free software to students. Well, I downloaded Expression 2, and Expression Web wouldn't install. I contacted support, and they gave me a weblink. I went to it. And what do you know? They gave me support options. But wait... look at the little text:
Cost: $100 per support question.

WHATS THE POINT OF GIVING FREE SOFTWARE???!!!
Well, anyways, I wont be buying anything from them for a while.

You know we have some brains here, we could see about helping you for free :)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You're complaining about support for software you got free? If you can't get it running do as Smith says or google the problem. Most of the time you'll find a solution.

fierce

Reaction score
You're complaining about support for software you got free? If you can't get it running do as Smith says or google the problem. Most of the time you'll find a solution.
yea google it .. there must be another frustrated costumer in this world that bought from microsoft the same thing and paid for the support ..and posted somewhere the solution ..so others won't pay once again .

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Lol yea thats true... but its free, you dont expect to get the free car, AND GAS!!

Jordan C

Reaction score
I wish they had software for Mac, not that theres not much I need from Microsoft.

tttony

Reaction score
pffff free??? they doesnt know the word "free" isnt in the M$ dictionary

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to ask that much for a support question, but asking something is justified as it is free software that cost a lot of money to make =)

Max1337

Reaction score
That's insane... Why would they wanna charge someone so much money just for a question? :|
Their already like, one of the most richest companies in the world... Like they really need more money... I think they should actually start donating to other people :shifty: lol

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That's insane... Why would they wanna charge someone so much money just for a question? :|
Their already like, one of the most richest companies in the world... Like they really need more money... I think they should actually start donating to other people :shifty: lol

Bill Gates has been donating millions of Microsoft's money to charities and such.

vol7ron

Reaction score
great. now MS is going to take away their free software and instead offer free support, great job Macaws, see what you caused?

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Many companies do this for tax purposes and good PR. :hsughr:

Yea... but do you actually donate MILLIONS?

Well anyway... this isnt for tax purposes...

He is going to donate all his money to charity when he dies, and leave only a small amount to his children.

cenobite321

Reaction score
I hope this extends to Mexico.

BTW in my opinion it's ridiculous to charge THAT much for software support. Fortunately there's always the option to ask on Internet.

Thrash

Reaction score
lol $100 thats a little overpriced. i can understand them charging some but thats just way over the top.