Hi i'm in need of REALLY BIG assistance. More info within.

meyfei

Reaction score
There is this game that shut down in 2005 and i want to bring it back, for those who enjoyed playing it before.

It's called Blade Mistress.

I'm not very good at Making a server for a game, or anything really. And all i really need is tips, common information, and some simple guides if possible.

Some info i can give is, the only files for the game i got are from a setup.exe which was downloaded from a private server which, for a while now, is offline. I dont think it'll be up and running any time soon either.

I'd also like to add that it's an older game, made to have Low bandwith.

I Appreciate any help.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
So you actually want to build your own server to host the game on, or host it with x10??

meyfei

Reaction score
I'll stick with using x10 to host for now and then if im succesful at getting it running i'll work on building my own server to host with.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay...the wording of your question threw me off :) I get it now.
A couple of major things to watch out for on x10:

-31 day inactivity timer-don't be suspended-log on here once a month!
-Server resources suspension-if you use a lot of memory or cpu on your server, you will be suspended for high resource usage. Try and keep the number of crons down, and also the number of scripts you have running at once down. See section 2 of the TOS (http://x10hosting.com/tos.php)

Hope this helps-even though its not directly related to your game :)

meyfei

Reaction score
Hmm, How would i go about creating my own Server to Host on, is there a cost for starting one and maintaining it? that's one of my weak points.

Also, Not sure if i can ask here but anyway, Do you know of any software that i could use to findout more about the files?

It has some .dat files

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to be careful, as not all file types can run on x10's free servers-but for more precise information, I'd post in the Programming Help forum. I'll copy this post there for you now.
I find if I was to type .dat into google, a wikipedia page would come up on the first page and provide any info you need.

Hope this helps. Please PM me if you need further help. :)