How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

greatm

Reaction score
Oh goodness... both 256MB and 512MB are way too little for today's modern OSes :p Get yourself both up to 1GB - the difference will be instantly noticeable.

--- Mr. DOS
With todays Oses, you really want at least 2GB, 1GB is just not enough to do much past the OS and an internet application without lag appearing.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm surviving fine with 1gb in my desktop, but with 20 torrents running it's a bit messed up. Mind you I'm using Linux :)

~Callumq

lachytv

Reaction score
On my working real computer I got only the latest and greatest 6gb thing is though never been used to play games, xbox360 kicks ass. annyhoo

My old **** box 256 ram or 512 see you have to reset the bios jumpers each time you want to use 512 coz the timing of the ram lots of fun there,

256 ram runs puppy with torringing with a shared harddrive quite well.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i have 4 GB DDR2 in laptop and 1 GB + 256MB DDR in desktop

mattura

Reaction score
896MB DDR2 on old computer,
6GB DDR3 on new computer, to be delivered tomorrow! Yay! I think I'll notice a bit of a difference...

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Most new laptops and PC today in the market come with >2GB RAM ,obviously it must be capable to Support Windows 7
Well I got a 2BGB RAM

ozcorps

Reaction score
6 gigs (i have 16 but MOBO don't support it)
Vista gaming premium (the best VISTA out there)
1gb 9500gt nvidia graphics

i would never go back to XP, now windows 7 came out i have had NO issues for vista drivers and applications. kinda like the windows 7 stuff works for vista or mabye cause its vista with a nice new coat.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
6 gigs (i have 16 but MOBO don't support it)
Vista gaming premium (the best VISTA out there)
1gb 9500gt nvidia graphics

i would never go back to XP, now windows 7 came out i have had NO issues for vista drivers and applications. kinda like the windows 7 stuff works for vista or mabye cause its vista with a nice new coat.

6 gigs ,wow great and i also like ur view not going back to XP:cool:

ozcorps

Reaction score
6 gigs ,wow great and i also like ur view not going back to XP:cool:

funny you say that cause its only been this month i can say that was my view, you know vistas UAC controller etc, but this gaming edition eliminated all that for me and now i know what i install and and its not ASK me 17 times whether i wanted to or not LOL as old Vista liked to do

also the internet is just to Messy now for XP, viruses etc. like trying to find a decent girlfriend who was there Independence but then ALSO wants to be taken care of LOL flip flop, loll anyways

i would Deffinetly state to anyone GET THE 9500gt if you have PCI-Express mobo as its $87 and Ripps a new one for most cheaper end graphics and speed for vista

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
10 gbs ;)
and ozcorps, your motherboard probarly does support it but you are running a 32 bit version of windows vista if you upgrade to a 64 bit you can use all of your ram!

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
my friend got new dell lapton with 4GB RAM , good performancce

wongers

Reaction score
i'm rocking 4gb RAM, although because im running 32bit XP, its registering at 3.4gb or something daft.

i'm looking to pick up a new shiney i7 rig from either Arbico or from Ebuyer soon (Arbico is prebuilt and ebuyer is DIY - but which ever provides the best finance option!)