Great hosting BUT !

mr-valencio

Reaction score
I have registered with x10 Hosting long back, at that time in particular I didnt need the hosting much. However, exactly two day back I have started building my site. It was almost perfect I never found myself more comfortable with a free hosting as I did with x10hosting.

The only two problems i faced was a 2 minuites like server error, which was recovered latter.
and the currently inactivety stoppage which I never knew about until I recieved the email, however I would never objected being active in this forum, it is indeed a nice society and will try my best to get along with everyone here.

A big Thank You for the site management !!

Mangust

Reaction score
I have registered with x10 Hosting long back, at that time in particular I didnt need the hosting much. However, exactly two day back I have started building my site. It was almost perfect I never found myself more comfortable with a free hosting as I did with x10hosting.

The only two problems i faced was a 2 minuites like server error, which was recovered latter.
and the currently inactivety stoppage which I never knew about until I recieved the email, however I would never objected being active in this forum, it is indeed a nice society and will try my best to get along with everyone here.

A big Thank You for the site management !!
Totally agree with you, all the tools, support is wonderful. Thanks to administration.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i would like to quickly point out that posting is not required, you just have to login for a few minutes(i see allot of people who confuse the 2)

vucious

Reaction score
The hosting is great but the website does go down occasionally which is not too bad but I expected 99.9% up time.

foxster

Reaction score
An error occurred attempting to process your request. Please try again momentarily. (Error Code DEADBEEF)

X10Hosting is totally ****ed up at the moment. Fix it as soon as possible - thanks =(

- Can't use cPanel cause I get that error when I try to log in.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Only the parts you know of are having problems. To say x10Hosting itself is? Nah

laserepair

Reaction score
Let me be honest and please be honest yourself. I would change this hosting but it will take at least half of the day to figure out where to move, to transfer files, then to look for the pass to registrator web-site and update DNS servers.

The BIG and ONLY reason to forget about x10hosting is the HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! down time. Hosting must be never like this, even if it is triply free! I am very tired to see error window instead of my web-site in browser. Even now, when status.x10hosting.com doesn't inform about nothing serious, my web-site can't be opened normally.

So all last month or even more the activity of this brand is only big headache for me.

Last edited:

hcaphs

Reaction score
This past week has been pretty hard to update my site via filezilla and it's been down most of the times I have tried to open it up.

I think it's because of the notice they posted on the 12th regarding high demand and heavy load on the free servers.

I'm patient, and this is free, so we just have to let the staff take care of things for now.

mr-valencio

Reaction score
Lets be more realistic i have tried at least 25 free hosting sites before,
Most of them have servers which donot actually work in other countries! others limit the file upload size to 500 kb :S as if am only upload an emotion !!! and most work for only the first week and then a day in the month !

I would certainly expect a free hosting to stop once or twice a week =P

C0ldf1re

Reaction score
I would certainly expect a free hosting to stop once or twice a week =P

Why? To "encourage" people to upgrade to premium? Or to persuade people that if they go premium it will be unreliable too? To my mind a free host with a premium option must be reliable, limited features perhaps, but definitely not to be a negative advert for the company!

xdevhald

Reaction score
What a bunch of wah wahs you people are. It's free! If you don't like it, go get a job and get with the big dollar companies and call it a day, if not then stop flooding their forums with these useless petty posts that do nothing but show the staff that they have a bunch of little brats who have no respect or appreciation for the free service they're getting.

Grow up and get a hobby if you are not happy with the updates and things that are going to better this company down the road.

How pathetic...

btfog

Reaction score
it is interesting to note that the users that complain the most usually have <10 posts

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
my MySQL server is pretty unreliable to put it politely.

It's not unreliable itself - The cause of the issue was the migration to our new data center. More specifically, problems with software that is crucial to the migration that left us stuck halfway moved with a few things for most of the day (E.g. one of the free hosting MySQL servers).

Last edited:

sclewin7

Reaction score
Yea, I have tried several free web host and have yet to find one that is not constantly down. Out of all the free services X10hosting does not only give the most, but they are actually the most stable and fastest as well. Go try other free host and you will find out what I am talking about.

sgt tube socks

Reaction score
It's not unreliable itself - The cause of the issue was the migration to our new data center. More specifically, problems with software that is crucial to the migration that left us stuck halfway moved with a few things for most of the day (E.g. one of the free hosting MySQL servers).

See, so why can't status updates be like this is what I don't understand. Datacenter migration? Being a network administrator I would completely understand if this was said up front. JMO. And thanks for the update ;)

sgt tube socks

Reaction score
it is interesting to note that the users that complain the most usually have <10 posts

If you are referring to me, I was stating a fact. MySQL has been down 3 times since I have been a member here. Which is three weeks. I completely forgot there was even a forum over here.