Important Notice: WP Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

After doing some examining of logs I have decided that we will no longer support "WP Robot" on free hosting. For those of you who don't know, this module auto posts on your blog for you, which is not in the spirit of what we are trying to offer at x10. On top of that it seems most of the people running it are running an illegal \ nulled copy.

We will be enforcing this with auto suspensions starting Monday. If you are using this module please remove it from your account or you will face a suspension.

Let me know if there are any questions.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for posting.
I have a question regarding the authenticity of the modules or plugins we use in CMS softwares like wordpress.
You also might be knowing that wprobot is a company where yearly and lifetime subscription are sold.Suppose if a persons subsription ends but he can still use the outdated version of the software.In such a case(for any module/plugin) do we need to send you our purchase documents?
Please reply eloborately as your one liners though filled with necessary information certain times leave a caveat and we have to pose a question again.

My best regards,
VVBB

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding WP Robot, it is banned regardless if someone owns it or not. I do not see WP Robot as anything other than a content scraper, which we do not allow. While most of them are obviously nulled it did not really play into the decision to ban this software.

For other scripts, you would not be suspended from using a paid plugin unless it said "Nulled by XXX" at the top like most of them do. If there was a question about the authenticity of the script we would contact you to provide the required information or contact the script creator to see if the site is licensed. We do the same thing for vBulletin and other scripts which sometimes do not have a definite way of knowing if they're licensed or not just by looking at the files.

We don't suspend and ask questions later, if that is what you were getting at.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks Mr.Corey.
I understood that.Thank You.
Regards,
VVBB

sceptermt13

Reaction score
Well that just about defeats the purpose of my opening an account here. Which was to modify WP-Robot. As for content scrapers, they can and will just use AutoBlog Samurai. And yes I have a nulled copy, but that's mainly since it's one of the easiest scripts on the net to null. Just had to comment out the code that runs a check on their servers. So, how about people like me who are using the free hosting as a development platform? Do we suffer the ban of WP-Robot as well. I understand the concern of autoblogs hogging up server space by producing 1,000s of posts. So, how bout a suspension for sites that break a threshold in posts instead? I'm primarily a .NET developer and I don't presently have any other reason for using this hosting, but I'd like to keep the account open in case I pickup a php project and need somewhere to test it. I'd also appreciate being able to continue working on WP-Robot. So, how about bending some rules, heh?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
No, we are adding this to our scanners and we will be running full system scans this coming week. It is also illegal to null scripts, I don't really understand why you are openly admitting to it.

If "AutoBlog Samurai" is another one I will also ban that. We do not allow content scrapers and I consider anything similar to fall under that rule.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi Corey

Not only is "AutoBlog Samurai" a 'auto' poster it doses it in 42 languages

from: http://bestcbproducts.com/auto-blog-samurai-software.html

The software automatically updates your blogs for you every day so you can go ahead and create more profit pulling blogs without having to worry about updating the blogs you already created with the software.

The most powerful feature of Auto Blog Samurai software is that, it can create blogs in any language so that you can target people from various countries around the world. The software supports a whopping 42 languages so you will never run short of untapped niches or worry about saturation or be constrained to audience from one part of the world.

Here is a list of more junk by them
http://paulponna.com

there is a large market of "automation of posting" programs I did not know about

Here is a good read on whats bad about "autoblogging"
http://spyrestudios.com/autoblogging-sucks/

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I already advised Corey on IM shortly after seeing his reply here that AutoBlog Samurai is actually -worse- than WP-Robot which seems to just cookie-cutter everything. I have my money on him snagging a copy and filtering against it.

And I don't get the point to auto-blogging. Sure my blog would have more than an update whenever the hell I can be bothered, but it's pretty much the same content as elsewhere so what's the point?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone suspended sceptermt13 for nulled scripts yet?

~Callum

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
My last blog posts was in 2009.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
All thanks to the MultiPress Lite WordPress Plugin. All you need to do is download the free version of the program, customize it to however you want to run it, and then let it churn out targeted blogs and bring in traffic and money through keyword-rich, and fresh content for your sites as often as you wish.

Note the "free"

So how many blogs can I have on my free site???? [facetious]

Upload your list of keywords and MultiPress will generate blogs in a matter of seconds on Auto-Pilot - each having it's very own domain, template and content, all based on your single WordPress installation. On top of that, each MultiPress Plug-In Bundle comes with an unlimited license which allows you to use MultiPress on as many domains as you want.

Last edited:

sabbiramya

Reaction score
Well that just about defeats the purpose of my opening an account here. Which was to modify WP-Robot. As for content scrapers, they can and will just use AutoBlog Samurai. And yes I have a nulled copy, but that's mainly since it's one of the easiest scripts on the net to null. Just had to comment out the code that runs a check on their servers. So, how about people like me who are using the free hosting as a development platform? Do we suffer the ban of WP-Robot as well. I understand the concern of autoblogs hogging up server space by producing 1,000s of posts. So, how bout a suspension for sites that break a threshold in posts instead? I'm primarily a .NET developer and I don't presently have any other reason for using this hosting, but I'd like to keep the account open in case I pickup a php project and need somewhere to test it. I'd also appreciate being able to continue working on WP-Robot. So, how about bending some rules, heh?
Please donot think that any free hosting would be to allowing you develop as someone who work on nulled scripts.For such nulled scripts, you can use xampp + apache and then on your local server.This is the best way of working on scripts to learn.
Also donot use nulled scripts any where.Banning is a real small thing.There are bigger punishments and nulling,using or selling nulled scripts is a crime.As a friend..take this as a suggestion.

Regards,
Sabb

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like we have more scripts to ban.

I guess it's safe to say, if you are not the one making the content on your website it is not allowed. Free hosting is for people who want to develop either a personal or business website. We don't need these junk scripts taking up space and resources from our honest users. We will be adding scripts such as these to our auto scanners this coming week. Anyone found to have scripts like these will be suspended automatically.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi Corey this is Off Topic but do not know where else to put it.....

Got a hit on some of my domains from IP
==>184.154.7.186<==

which is at SingleHop, Inc.
Code:
NetRange:       184.154.0.0 - 184.154.255.255
CIDR:           184.154.0.0/16
OriginAS:       AS32475
NetName:        SINGLEHOP
NetHandle:      NET-184-154-0-0-1
Parent:         NET-184-0-0-0-0
NetType:        Direct Allocation
NameServer:     NS2.SINGLEHOP.NET
NameServer:     NS1.SINGLEHOP.NET
I know that it dose not make it from x10hosting just to have a IP at SingleHop

My point is the bot it was using

184.154.7.186 - - [20/Dec/2010:20:03:25 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 10405 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MJ12bot/v1.3.3; http://www.majestic12.co.uk/bot.php?+)"

"MJ12bot"

from
http://www.majestic12.co.uk/about.php

This project is about creation of a World Wide Web search engine based on concepts of distributing workload in a similar fashion achieved by successful projects such as SETI@home and distributed.net.

...based on the concept of distributed computing

It needs "Mono" to run on Linux

I am sure you do not want this bot on X10hosting hogging up the servers

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That IP is not from x10hosting. Even if it was from x10, if it was running on a VPS then there would be no issue with it anyway as far as I can see.

conzone

Reaction score
That IP is not from x10hosting. Even if it was from x10, if it was running on a VPS then there would be no issue with it anyway as far as I can see.

MJ12bot is parasitic bot and passes data back to its makers as well to the host/site running it.
They say "distributed computing " I say parasitic

Status
Not open for further replies.