Free Hosting - More Updates Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that we have successfully moved 3 servers to our SAN setup we are very pleased by the results and will continue to gather data. If all goes well we will be moving to an enterprise grade HP SAN within the next month, more information will be posted on that as details are worked out.

Now that we have solved the I\O bottleneck we are continuing our mission to solve the other bottlenecks and issues free hosting comes with, starting with the hardware.

If you do not know, every request sent to your account is split up between two designated web servers. This adds some fault tolerance and also helps protect against attacks. When one server fails all traffic is redirected to the other within a few seconds of the issue occurring. In order to increase capacity and redundancy we will be adding a third web server for each free hosting server. This should be setup and online toward the end of the week.

We will also be performing a major overhaul of the 3 free servers we connected to the SAN. We are upgrading the processor, memory, and changing to an SSD setup for the drive configuration. With this change we will also be pulling MySQL back to the local server to run from the SSD setup. This should greatly improve cPanel response times and help resolve some lingering MySQL issues we have had. We plan to start a migration of Starka to this setup tonight or tomorrow. More information will be posted in specific news threads for each server prior to the start.

Any questions or comments?

Please remember we do not provide support in news threads

henk506673

Reaction score
Once again, Corey, Thank you for keeping us all posted on the upgrades.

soulflare3

Reaction score
With MySQL being moved to the local server, will we have to change any settings for our connections, or will localhost still work? (Sorry, I do not know much about SQL...)

With adding the third server, will that increase speed/load, or it it just used as a backup/failsafe?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It will always be localhost due to how we forward the connections for you.

The third server will increase speed along with it adding more redundancy.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank You very much for the updates.
Some how,my previous post is missing.That post was about illuminated server tickets.

Regards,
VVBB

wc3garage82

Reaction score
is it only the said 3 servers will be having this migrations?? or the other servers will just follow up? since my server (stoli) is kinda having some mysql querying issues at night here at my time (takes time to query) though but keep up the good work !! :D awesome mother goes first before her daughter

tobyadams

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. The service just keeps getting better and better!

denzil

Reaction score
Why exactly are you guys doing this? What's in it for you? You guys do a lot of effort for free users even though you don't get anything in return. Well, I suppose a thank you will have to suffice for now, until I finish my website and upgrade to premium/VPS.

Tupac

Reaction score
Thanks for all the work. Its nice to still see upgrades even after all these years!
Is this why the addon domains aren't working right now?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
As a reminder, any posts not related specifically to the news will be deleted. We do not give support in these threads and we will not discuss other topics.

Please keep an eye on the server specific threads regarding this maintenance. They will be updated with information.

Boru, Chopin, and Starka are the ones that will be affected by all this. Other servers will follow once we get the HP SAN.

satyadeep1991

Reaction score
If we are using A records in DNS using IP address, should we need to update them if new servers come into place

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
No, we are switching the IPs so we don't have to update the DNS records.

tnavarra200212

Reaction score
About 2 months ago I have a hard time logging and editing my site. But so far lately, everything is just speeding up for me. I would like to thank x10hosting for these free services that keeps getting better and better!

spiderik

Reaction score
Due to continued abuse from your country of origin we have currently disabled signups. Please try back at a later date.
Hey guys , I'm from Romania and i can't create a free account for free hosting . Admin please contact me on PM if you want to create my ftp client. I will tell you the details , mail , password , etc. I don't know any admin/moderator in this community

vwhyman41

Reaction score
Once again, Corey, Thank you for keeping us all posted on the upgrades.

Hello, sorry i may be responding the first reply in this thread and not the
author of the thread title. I am new to Hosting of web servers and free services you offer to civilians. I have opened all the free accounts and made my web site and today i want to open a simple blog and allow
the users to visit the main web site and open an account. The typical civialian user of my website can then use the LOGIN they created to
gain access to blogs and wiki's on my web site.

I was reading the x10 Free hosting is only free if you log into the forum each month.

To be sure i logged in here. I have made a post right here just to trip any system into default.

thanks

Vincent.

gustavoc

Reaction score
I just want to say THANKS to the team at x10hosting for all the work and for providing this great service!

culdin85

Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if we could get an update on the Stoli server.

rafael100011

Prime Account
Reaction score
Since yesterday, my website on Stoli HTTP server is down. The cpanel and ftp works !
What is the problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.