Thanks for the freebie :D

chaosx12

Reaction score
Server is running smooth now. A work in progress but I am moving pretty fast.
http://dabble.x10.mx/

Why Dabble? I am always doing new things, or learning new things and so I dabble :D

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Bit of an odd choice of software to run the site on, I have to say, but it seems to be working for you, and that's what matters. (A CMS based on a blog paradigm rather than a forum paradigm would have been more "normal". Not necessarily better, just more "normal". I may have a lot of strong opinions, but nobody has ever accused me of being normal and lived to tell the tale.)

I'm not really into the subject matter so far (which is an oblique way of saying that dogs and cats and other things I'm horribly allergic to don't take up a lot of my time or thinking space), but I think other people might be interested in some of the nuts-and-bolts (or fabric-and-fasteners) behind the coats and such. Then again, this might be the most commonplace thing possible and I just don't know about it, but from an absolute layman's perspective I'd imagine that fitting and adjusting the patterns might take a bit of thinking and, well, dabbling. Even though I don't spend a lot of time with them, I haven't been able to help noticing that dogs come in more shapes and sizes than, say, kids of the same age, so there's got to be a bit more to adapting a pattern than there would be for adjusting to a slightly longer than average arm, f'rinstance. Just a thought.

chaosx12

Reaction score
Wow, I feel dumb reading your reply. You have a great gift of wording and grammar. I agree the SMF and a Portal are not the obvious choice, but like you said, IT WORKS. I have never been one to go with the norm either. While Word Press seems to be the new standard and the most obvious, I opted for something a little different.

I am a city boy and I have never owned a dog. I can honestly say, I am not allergic to anything other than alcohol, when ever I drink, there is a strong chance that I break out in hand cuffs. Of course my site will not be just about my dog, as I dabble through life, I shall post what I am up to. It just so happens that at this particular moment in my life, I have been learning to sew. I am not gay, nor am I fat, despite the stereo types and regardless of the amount of pizza boxes I own. I guess sewing just became my latest hobby. Most hobbies of the past were mainly computer related, such as learning photoshop, video editing or computer building.

Funny you should mention dog sizes. Yesterday a lady asked me If I could make her something for her 90 lb dog. I told her that it is not about weight but rather about size as the chart below would indicate.
ehiSFUx.jpg

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback. I enjoyed how you word things :D

Peace.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It sound like we might have friends in common ;)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Please keep this thread going. :rofl:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
These things happen. You've gained experience, strength and wisdom in the process.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
While you may have failed the first time, your knowledge will lead you to greener pastures. Keep a level head, for tomorrow will bring more challenges than you were expecting.

chaosx12

Reaction score
Obsolete plug-ins and mods are trying to get the best of me. I was snared again but I managed to get out of it. It was the same snag that got me yesterday. :D

chatngox

Reaction score
I know sounds dumb. I've seen sites running Wordpress and a forum software, Durpal with forum plug in and forum software (like yours) with portal mod, end result all ends the same. But a forum somehow could be used, you never know. Great job on your site. The theme did fit the logo and the content you talking about. ;)