Site not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Whether I try to view my website (http://beautifulmess.elementfx.com/) or log into the Wordpress admin page for the site, I get a blank screen.

Here is a screencap of what I am seeing. I checked the status and it says that all services are online.

help_04152014_zps8223eb51.png

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Julie,

Is this a recent issue? If it is, you may have fell victim to the Exploit that was released on Jetpack (a wordpress plugin that you appear to be running).

I'm working with another staff member to see if there is a fix for this exploit.

Reaction score
I just noticed it for the first time today, but I haven't looked in on my site in at least a few days so I'm not sure when it actually started.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Julie,

I spoke with another staff member, and it looks like you were probably affected by the exploit. As it stands, the only option is to re-install wordpress. You *might* be able to just re-upload the files from source, and then change the configuration to use your current database... but we can't make any promises.

Reaction score
I just went into my cPanel account to re-install WP and the original installation is not even showing up. I am assuming that was caused by the exploit and the reason my site isn't loading. Do you know if that is correct?

eta: I haven't done an official back-up of my site since last August. Is there a way through cPanel that I can do a back-up so that I don't lose all those blog posts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.