Status
Not open for further replies.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
When anyone attempts to connect to my site they get:
Error 500
Internal Server Error.

What is going on?!?

We're now into the 3rd day of constant problems with the free hosting and it's getting a little boring.
I understand migrating 1000s of users is no easy task, but the lack of communication and updates is unacceptable, this level of service is making me think twice about upgrading.

Last edited:

kostasvr

Reaction score
Same here, 3rd day of Error 500 Internal Server Error when I access cpanel and default web page when accessing the website. The only thing I'm waiting is to migrate my files to a premium x10 server...

zounds

Reaction score
Same here, 3rd day of Error 500 Internal Server Error when I access cpanel and default web page when accessing the website. The only thing I'm waiting is to migrate my files to a premium x10 server...

urtechx1

Reaction score
Same boat here. I guess if it's free, it isn't paid for. And therefore, there's no "claim" to an entitlement. They'll suffer because they'll lose customers and exposure.
I expect too that my monthly expiration will go by too - I just got notice from their system that I need to log in to keep up. Well... 'nuff said.
H

dcc420x1

Reaction score
I'm not expecting miracles from a free host, but 3 days of downtime with only a few, poor quality updates is bad and shows disrespect for potential paying customers.
The freemium model only works if you keep customers happy with your free offering, so that when the time comes they will choose you for their premium needs.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
This is related to the current server migrations. Please see this topic and the status blog for an explanation and updates.

The actual 500 Internal Server Error issues are caused because the migrations are still in progress. Our administrators are working on fixing a few issues, and cPanel occasionally becomes unavailable due to the fact our systems are still trying to re-create and migrate thousands of accounts as quickly as possible.

This should be fixed soon once the migrations are complete, and an update will hopefully be posted shortly on our status blog explaining the current status.

The freemium model only works if you keep customers happy with your free offering
Some people believe free hosting is a "free trial" of paid hosting, but this is simply not the case. We have tens of thousands of accounts on free hosting, meaning that each free hosting server ends up hosting thousands. On premium, this is not the case - premium servers have much less people on each, and premium servers are subject to less abuse. We also employ a 99.9% Uptime Guarentee SLA on premium hosting, which means in the extremely unlikely event there is downtime, we partially refund customers based on uptime. On free hosting, there is no SLA.

few, poor quality updates
We're doing our best to keep everyone updated, but I really don't see how there is anything more to update you with. We are attempting to migrate tens of thousands of accounts to a brand new platform, and it takes quite a while for the server to finish transferring and reconfiguring each individual account. Our admins are also doing their best to fix any problems that occur in the process.

I greatly appreciate everyone's understanding of the matter and hope the migrations will be complete shortly.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
How about an estimated time of completion...are we talking hours, days, a week?
C'mon, give us a clue :cool:
Neil answered this earlier today; see below :)
Last I knew, absolut had about 300 accounts left to transfer to the new node.

We're currently dealing with a completely separate issue. I'll post a better status update on the blog later.

dcc420x1

Reaction score
That is not a time frame, that's a number of units until completion - how long will it take to complete each unit?

dcc420x1

Reaction score
I'm only asking because no-one is telling - anyway, I seem to be back online now :)

exstress

Reaction score
few, poor quality updates
We're doing our best to keep everyone updated, but I really don't see how there is anything more to update you with.

No updates on the status page from Monday to Friday does fit the definition of few. A daily status post would have been too much trouble?

There's no way to calculate time. So stop asking.

Long week Leafy? Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea, then finish those servers. ;) It is weeks like you're having when I don't miss doing IT support.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha. Very long week.

The lack of status posts is because we dedicated a lot of our time to premium. Most of the issues on free resolved themselves once the server was fully migrated. We didn't really have time to post status updates for free.

exstress

Reaction score
Sure, but instead you get to spend all the time responding to us on the forums! lol :p

talk2azs

Reaction score
c'mon guys. Stop freaking out! my site went down last night and it is still not up. Do like Im doing. Turn off that stupid computer and get out to enjoy the outdoors on this beautiful morning! Paying customers always take a higher priority. We are free service users. We are the moochers. LOL

talk2azs

Reaction score
OUTDOORS:
Being outside of an enclosed building in the open air. Far away from human habitation.

Hope that helps. lol

exstress

Reaction score
OUTDOORS:
Being outside of an enclosed building in the open air. Far away from human habitation.

Hope that helps. lol
I'm going to have to reject your premise. You're online, so you're not THAT far from habitation. Also, the weather here is NOT that great. 34f , plus the windchill (20-40mph gusts) making it a wonderful 23f outside at the moment.

I don't consider myself a "moocher". I've been using the service for...maybe two weeks. Also, using a service offered, at the price offered, does not make me a moocher. Having my site being up and down over the last week though, doesn't make me feel like the service is worth paying for, when I get to that point.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Having my site being up and down over the last week though, doesn't make me feel like the service is worth paying for, when I get to that point.
IMO that is like driving a VW to 'see' what it would be like to drive a Bentley
If you want to 'see' how good or bad a plan is (at any host) buy it for a month - and use it for a month - and 'see'

Status
Not open for further replies.