Cant Park domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxzonex

Reaction score
Something is up on x10's end with DNS or something.

I can ping my domain and it says its pointing at the right shared IP i see on Cpanel.
I try to park it. it says its pointing elsewhere and will not park.

Attachments

• wtf.png
    wtf.png
    13 KB · Views: 8

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
You have to set the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com before you can use cPanel to park the domain.

Currently, I see the nameservers set to ns8.zoneedit.com and ns4.zoneedit.com

You can switch the nameservers back after you have used cPanel to park the domain (if you wish), but they must be set to x10hosting for the cPanel to work.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
IMO - for domain work it is better to use [ cPanel x3 ] theme - and NOT [ x10hosting Basic ] theme

clicking the "Switch Theme" button at the top on the screen (after you log-in) - you can choose between [ x10Hosting Basic ] and [ cPanel x3 ] themes

foxzonex

Reaction score
I did switch themes, and did not have to change nameservers last time. it should see the ip pointed to it like it did last time i parked the domain.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I did switch themes, and did not have to change nameservers last time. it should see the ip pointed to it like it did last time i parked the domain.
when was the "last time" ?

x10hosting NOW requires - as most hosts do - that you have the name servers set to x10hosting's [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] before allowing you to add a domain to your account. This ensures that you actually own the domain and prevents some types of fraud from occurring - for example you would not be able to add [ Google.com ] to your account with x10hosting because you do not have access to change the name servers on that domain.

foxzonex

Reaction score
Sure why not a black list, but then even if one could add google.com what fruad could you do with it? outside of a admin and your self no one would even see you parked it.
Just what I think. but whatever. its parked now. I just hate logging into godaddy -.-

but i remember couple years back, I set the nameservers to zoneedit and haven't changed them in years.
Long as i set the (A) host in zoneedit to point to the shared IP then it would park everytime. so there was a layer of protection already. but they removed it from seeing the IP and made it nameserver dependant?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, it's nameserver-dependant, and it has been that way for several years. It's not going to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.