Redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourcery

Reaction score
Hello. I recently created a mybb forum and everything went correctly. The forum is functional itself, but I still have an issue.
The mybb file is in public_html, so when you go directly to my site (example.x10host.com), you must click the forum/ link to go the example.x10host.com/forum/.
I don't like this index page and I would much rather have it redirect to the /forum/ page.
How can I do this?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

The best option here might be to move your MyBB files directly into your public_html directory and changing your MyBB site URL, so there is no need for a redirect.

However, if this is not an option, you could redirect requests using either a .htaccess file, or by making an index file that redirects to your MyBB directory, using PHP or HTML. ;)

Thank you,

sourcery

Reaction score
I have the file [redirect.html] in public_html, but it only fires when clicked on the index page. How do I make it fire when the page loads?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please rename the file to index.html, and try again. ;)

Thank you,

nordikte

Reaction score
I've found that the following way is the easiest for me.

Go to your control panel and under the 'Domains' section, click the 'Redirects' icon. On the page, make sure it shows the following:

Type: Permanent (301)
http://(www.)?: example.x10host.com
Redirects to: http://example.x10host.com/forum

Leave the 'Redirect with or without www.' bubble checked. Once you've done this, click the 'Add' button. You may need to clear your browsers cache. Within a few minutes, type your domain 'example.x10host.com' into your browser and it should take you to 'example.x10host.com/forum'.

Status
Not open for further replies.