Request More Space

cofcloga

Reaction score
I haven't been able to locate anything that has caused my disk usage to jump to nearly 100%, but if you can show me something I should delete to bring disk usage down, I'll do that. If not, please increase my allowed disk space.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
its possible one of your wordpress plugins are doing something it shouldn't.
many wordpress installs seem large in size to begin with.
then plugins only take more space. to do what they are made to do.

disk space will not be increased unless you are using 75% of the current space.
you cannot have any backups or temp archived files stored on your website.
all files must be used by your website. and your account must be at least 7 days old.
after all that a staff member will have to review your website
then you will get an increase if you qualify.

cofcloga

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I will look at my plugins to see if there's something using a lot of space.

As for disk space, I've had this account about 6 years now, this will be my second time needing an increase. I maxed out my space this weekend, went through and deleted older files that aren't needed to get back under the limit, but I'm still near 85%. Hopefully, staff can review soon and let me know my what I need to do.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I will look at my plugins to see if there's something using a lot of space.

As for disk space, I've had this account about 6 years now, this will be my second time needing an increase. I maxed out my space this weekend, went through and deleted older files that aren't needed to get back under the limit, but I'm still near 85%. Hopefully, staff can review soon and let me know my what I need to do.
I have increased your diskspace.

It does however look like the wordpress installation you have on the x10host.com domain is missing some parts and not working properly. If you do not need that to be working you could remove the files within the public_html of that domain, if you need it to be working re-uploading the vendor files from WordPress may be necessary.

cofcloga

Reaction score
Thank you, Anna. Would you happen to be able to point me in the right direction as to which parts are missing and not working properly?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The entire site on the x10host.com domain gives an error 500.
Among other things it is missing its uploads folder (wp-content/uploads) and the themes folder (wp-content/themes). Not sure what more could be missing, which is why I suggested getting a fresh copy and uploading.

The custom .net domain works fine however.

cofcloga

Reaction score
To clarify, the cofclogan.x10hosting.com is where the error is? When I first raised the space concern a few weeks ago, someone pointed out that I had some things pointing to multiple servers (I can't find the message now) and that they fixed this issue. I think it stemmed from being migrated to x12 when those sites were re-allocated.

Is it better for me to reinstall wordpress to the cofclogan.x10hosting.com domain or to set it to redirect to the churchchrist.net domain you indicated is working correctly? I have only made updates to the .net domain and never used the other.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
the domain you have is cofclogan.x10host.com, but yeah, this is the one missing parts.

If you never really used the other, I'd set a redirect to the .net domain which you would want people to use anyways. If you never spread the x10host.com domain, you could also just remove it entirely, or leave it as a test place for new versions or other scripts.

cofcloga

Reaction score
I like the idea of a test area. Sorry to sound thickheaded, but sounds like I would need to install Wordpress on the x10host.com, back up my files from .net and place them in the x10 installation?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want a test area with the same contents, yes, that would be the way to do it. Do not replace wp-config with the one from your backup though as that would make the test area use the same database as your main site.

This will not copy any posts over however, as posts would be located in the database. But for testing a new theme, or the next version you might not need a full copy with all content.