Error on x14.x10hosting.com - ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

flvani

Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to configure a ftp account for my domain, but no success at all. Then I decided to remove the account I created and suddenly could not access anymore the control panel and even my site.

Maybe my IP was blocked by the server, as long as I use another network, I can access the control panel.

Please, help me to unblock my IP.

Regards,

Flávio.

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This would likely mean your IP got blacklisted by the server, typically due to failed login attempts. I will notify staff to review.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was trying to configure a ftp account for my domain, but no success at all. Then I decided to remove the account I created and suddenly could not access anymore the control panel and even my site.

Maybe my IP was blocked by the server, as long as I use another network, I can access the control panel.

Please, help me to unblock my IP.

Regards,

Flávio.
You attempted to use SFTP ( shell based FTP) which is not allowed. I have unblocked the IP However, in the future please use standard FTP setup using port 21 to prevent this from happening again.

flvani

Reaction score
Ok, my bad: I really tried it, but, thank you for unblocking my IP.
As a new user, I'm facing some problems. Maybe you can help me, see:
1) I would like to execute a simple "ln" to create a symbolic link, but found no way. Is there any kind of shell to access the files? Using a paid version, like the "starter" is it possible?
2) And I've tried to create a second FTP account, other than the main account, but the login always fails during the authentication. It seems wrong password, but I checked it a few times without success. Is there any extra rule to create ftp accounts?

ctyrd

Reaction score
shell access on premium and vps. Just created a ftp account, worked as expected. Username is the full email address.

flvani

Reaction score
Thank you! The ftp problem is probably what you mentioned. I will try later.