I can't send mail to any Gmail address

mrlister

Reaction score
Whenever I try to send mail to a gmail.com address, it does not arrive.
This happens when I use the RoundCube webmail page and also when I use the SeaMonkey mail app through SMTP.
Sending mail to other domains works as expected.
Does anybody know what could go wrong? Is there something I can check? Do I need to change some security settings?

I did look if the mails ended up in the Spam folder or anywhere else, but they can't be found anywhere in the GMail folders. And I never get any feedback such as an error message in my inbox detailing what goes wrong.

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
Whether I try to send mail to a gmail.com address, it does not arrive.
This happens when I use the RoundCube webmail page and also when I use the SeaMonkey mail app through SMTP.
Sending mail to other domains works as expected.
Does anybody know what could go wrong? Is there something I can check? Do I need to change some security settings?

I did look if the mails ended up in the Spam folder or anywhere else, but they can't be found anywhere in the GMail folders. And I never get any feedback such as an error message in my inbox detailing what goes wrong.
You may need a DMARC txt record. Gmail and yahoo are getting strict about it. It could also be DKIM needs to be enabled. take a look at mxtoolbox, they can tell you what is going on. If you would like some help, I would need the domain.

mrlister

Reaction score
You may need a DMARC txt record. Gmail and yahoo are getting strict about it. It could also be DKIM needs to be enabled. take a look at mxtoolbox, they can tell you what is going on. If you would like some help, I would need the domain.

Thanks for your help. There is a page in my control panel that says MX Records, but when I go there, I get a warning: "DNS Control Disabled", with a tooltip that says "DNS Control is disabled for this User. You can edit the zone because your master account has DNS Control." which I find confusing.
And I can't seem to add specific DNS records such as the needed TXT one, there is only the choice "MX Template" with options I'm not sure what they do and which I hesitate to touch. See screenshot.

Screenshot_20240422_215343.png

So, not certain what I can try now.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. There is a page in my control panel that says MX Records, but when I go there, I get a warning: "DNS Control Disabled", with a tooltip that says "DNS Control is disabled for this User. You can edit the zone because your master account has DNS Control." which I find confusing.
And I can't seem to add specific DNS records such as the needed TXT one, there is only the choice "MX Template" with options I'm not sure what they do and which I hesitate to touch.
Please wait for support team, notifying them via discord.