15 Days Account Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgallt

Reaction score
Well I'd like to thank Master Yoda for the warm welcome. I have been reading the forums, you can check the logs, I have read the Terms Of Service, and no, I did not do a specific search for "15 days" so as of yet I have not seen any mention of approval taking 15 days. I was just under the crazy assumption that the free hosting category was for free hosting questions. If this is the general attitude of x10hosting, that the users are all just lazy freeloaders, then you may as well deny me because free or not, I think any member, new or not, deserves better.
I have been warned, thread closed.

Enrico

Reaction score
you are right... some dude said that no one should ask about the 15 days delay.. well its bull**** cuz no one warns or tells us about it... why not tellling it on a news message in the site??? or in the terms?

greetings,

Energritz

Reaction score
Not to Counter-act the Thread or anything... but if you read around they say they just moved servers and the Amount of new Users has been to much and they are working throught it, much as possible, and remeber its free hosting, they have the rights to close down the whole service with/without notice. Also good things comes to those who wait.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Gee ... if I wasn't on vacation, I would of warned / closed this thread ...

As it was stated ( and stated in many posts ) ... X10 went through a server move, Data Centre issues and a flood of new users.
Yes, they could of closed the new accounts, posted a huge flashing red sign saying they were down and watch as everyone left saying x10 died.

So its 15 days. Um, did you forget it was free? I'd be pissed if it was a paid site and I had to wait 15 days to get activated, but give us a break ... Just because they say 15 days, doesn't mean it lasts 15 days. That was just a general time frame ...

:rant2:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no 'set' time. We get quite a few signups per day as you can imagine. I am very busy with my real life 'stuff' as I am a full time student and work full time. Everything here at x10 is done by volunteers, including the scripts, time to screen accounts, etc...

We do not make any profit here, no on makes a living from x10 and can dedicate their life to it. Just be patient and you will get your account. We're working on more automated ways to get rid of bad accounts and allow more new ones to come on at a time.

-Corey

wgallt

Reaction score
Please don't think that I don't appreciate what you guys do here. You offer an invaluable service and the reward points for extras is excellent. The reason for my post was that I had asked a question and was instantly insulted by someone as if this was a fact that everyone here should know. Well I'm sorry, I have read around and I did not see it. 15 days is fine, for a service like this, the wait isn't a problem. I just don't like being talked down to like I'm lazy or stupid. So I'm sorry to the others, I meant no insult.

Master Yoda

Reaction score
I'm going to do exactly what StarShine would do, but I have a few things to say....

1) Users are expected to read the News and Announcements Forums and it's sub-forums to make sure they are up-to-date with everything. Hence, why the login every 2 weeks to keep your account from being suspended rule was brought in.

2) Making a thread directed at a another member is considered an attack, and really the user should be warned for that. If you have a problem with a member, why not use the Private Message feature or even instant message then? Much easier than attacking someone (which in this case is me) publicly.

If users actually took the responsibility to find things out for themselves, a lot of these threads about "how long does it take to....","account not...", etc. would not exist and things would run a lot smoother for everybody.

this statement...
Enrico said:
you are right... some dude said that no one should ask about the 15 days delay.. well its bull**** cuz no one warns or tells us about it... why not tellling it on a news message in the site??? or in the terms?

greetings,

goes back to my first point, if users can't be bothered keeping up-to-date and read things first before making a thread, then they deserved to be warned for Spamming and Not searching.

Case closed, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.