[2 Q's]IPB ads? | Lazy site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterchief3k

Reaction score
My site's being lazy as far as loading times are concerned,and apparently everyone elses site is the same way, and it ends up NOT loading, and ends up timing out... the links are in my sig.

And, after that gets straightened out, how do i put ads on my IPB pages like with the footer or the very top, sitting on the header image?

Last edited:

Imakuni

Reaction score
masterchief3k said:
My site's being lazy as far as loading times are concerned,and apparently everyone elses site is the same way, and it ends up NOT loading, and ends up timing out... the links are in my sig.

And, after that gets straightened out, how do i put ads on my IPB pages like with the footer or the very top, sitting on the header image?
I had no problem loading it. It MAY be the uni.cc subdomains you are using. Those can be quite slow at times :happy:

Imakuni

Reaction score
masterchief3k said:
i checked the original URL's too...no response from anyone's x10 site....
then thats a problem with your ISP. would it be [EDITED] by any chance?

Last edited:

masterchief3k

Reaction score
nope. it usually worked....just all of the sudden it stopped working...my ISP HAS been being stupid lately..and my dsl modem....might be an ISP problem.but just for x10hosting websites??

Imakuni

Reaction score
masterchief3k said:
nope. it usually worked....just all of the sudden it stopped working...my ISP HAS been being stupid lately..and my dsl modem....might be an ISP problem.but just for x10hosting websites??
thats probbaly your ISP's DNS Servers then...

X3r0X

Reaction score
What version of IPB are you talking about? If you need help with the 2.x line I can guide you through it :happy:.

X3r0X

Imakuni

Reaction score
I have had experience with all versions of IPB, so feel free to ask

masterchief3k

Reaction score
im talking about mambo 4.5.2 and IPB 1.2....after i get the not loading thing covered i will need to put the ads on. i know what to do for mambo, now what to do for IPB...?

Imakuni

Reaction score
masterchief3k said:
im talking about mambo 4.5.2 and IPB 1.2....after i get the not loading thing covered i will need to put the ads on. i know what to do for mambo, now what to do for IPB...?

[hasnt experimented too much with IPB 2.1, so here i go :blushing:]

Log into adminCP. Go and look for the templates manager (think thats what its called). Look for global_html, then click header.

Then place your ad code where you want, it all depends on your design :)

masterchief3k

Reaction score
you mean ipb 1.2? ANYWAY. the first part is resolved lol, a restart fixed it right up.

Imakuni

Reaction score
masterchief3k said:
you mean ipb 1.2? ANYWAY. the first part is resolved lol, a restart fixed it right up.
if your comment was directed at me: yeah, I meant IPB 2.1

anyways, glad its fixed.

masterchief3k

Reaction score
ummm i went into the header thingy..added the code at the bottom and it shows up right above the member bar..and only on the board index...how do i make in sit ON the header image AND show up on every page? could you try it out for yourself? that woudl be great!

X3r0X

Reaction score
Make sure your editing the "Global header" not just "a" header.... hope that fixes it up :grin:.

masterchief3k

Reaction score
ummm i went into the header thingy..added the code at the bottom and it shows up right above the member bar..and only on the board index...how do i make in sit ON the header image AND show up on every page? could you try it out for yourself? that woudl be great! can't find a global header thing on 1.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.