#2006 - MySQL server has gone away

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1knowswho

Reaction score
hi,

i have question regarding possible limits while loading data into db. im trying to do a one-time load of some data into db unfortunately for some of the files i ge errort:

MySQL said:
#2006 - MySQL server has gone away

this happens for files that have more then just "5" records to load. is there a limit on how much data i can load into a table at one time or is it a problem with db server?

thx,
no1

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
May be this is a short time outage. It will be solved very fast. Did you check again. If problem not solved then tell us what exactly you are using and when you got problem.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It's probably an issue with the Database server taking too long to fetch the information from your databases. The last I checked, one MySQL server is taking care of a bunch of free servers' MySQL files so especially during peak times, that database server starts to get loaded (even slows down as shown by phpMyAdmin and page generation times).

If the data you're trying to fetch isn't some massive chain of data that is all over the place, I wonder what might be up. MySQL did have a small outage earlier today as my e-mail shows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.