3 Templates made by me

Alecto

Reaction score
They Look Cool mate.
I see your sticking with the Dragon Ball Theme

swirly

Reaction score
few things- on num 1-2-3 u need to move text down in like 3 or 4 boxes. might wanna switch up themes or say that u can do others.

dbzsr

Reaction score
well
i make other templates too

but
i am a dbz fan
thats my duty

Woolie

Reaction score
Wow, you're getting on great with the layouts. If you've been around with me here, you'll notice that I tend to just criticise a lot, but I do it because criticism is what made my layouts better. So today I will not disappoint.

1) May I slap you in the face with a large smelly fish for using Internet Explorer?! Have you tried looking at alternatives? Take Firefox for example, with the web developer toolbar (something I couldn't live without nowadays), it offers you so many tools to help you make your layouts better. I always try to keep my layouts as quick to download as possible, so I use the toolbar to tell me the exact size of all the HTML, images and so on.

However, if you do insist on using IE, perhaps you could consider making your layouts work in Firefox too? The majority of people looking for layouts will be new web-designers, and trust me, they'll all use Firefox to try and look "uber".

2) Where have the footers gone? Trust me, in this web2 age, you need a footer, usually a very large one. Also, it helps the page round off and gives the user a sense of closure, at the moment that layout just looks to me as if you couldn't be bothered to finish off the bottom (no offence intended, its you design). Perhaps add one? It doesn't take much extra time, but it will make your layouts look a lot better.

3) What on Earth have you used to create that markup? It looks like a bad Dreamweaver job or something. I mean, take a look at this:

HTML:
<a href="#"><font face="Verdana" color="#000000">Link</font></a><font size="1" face="Verdana"><br>
</font>
Thats not exactly the best way to syle your links, especially not when every one has all of that extra markup. Perhaps just use a simple CSS class to do all the work for you? Instead of that above, why not do something like this?

HTML:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.Navigation a:link, .Navigation a:visited, .Navigation a:active {
                   font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
                   display: block;
                   padding: 0;
                   margin: 0;
}
-->
</style>

<div class="Navigation">
    <a href="#">Link</a>
    <a href="#">Link</a>
    <a href="#">Link</a>
</div>
Also, I saw a glimpse of the
HTML:
<b>
tag in there. That tag is deprecated (slowely being phased out) so just try to use

HTML:
<strong>
instead.

4) Apart from those things, great layouts :biggrin:

dbzsr

Reaction score
you are totaly right

but the ones there is FREE
so

i would never look at it again

if i get paid for something i will make it "good"

dbzsr

Reaction score
thank you taking time to look closly at what i madee

joemamahunt

Reaction score
they are pretty good. IMO could be better, but not bad especially for free templates.

but.. free or not, if your going to show them off or use them to show people your work, you could at least go over whatever program you used to code and make it look more prefessional. or.. code by hand.

unless you couldent care any less of your free work and are just putting it out there for no reason, just to be nice.

nightwing00

Reaction score
Hey
Speaking purely of aesthetics, the templates are nicely done. My favorite of the three would most likely be the second one. The green banner makes me think of something evil, and I like how it's a gradient. The grey stripe ties the theme of the whole layout together. The color scheme on the third layout is classic.

However, the banners should be placed at the very top, with no margin between the browser toolbar and the banner itself. Also, you need footers that go along with the color scheme and tie everything together.

Good job on the artwork! These are good layouts.