[40 credits] tnl2k7's service status script 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I know that there's loads of service status scripts around, but I've just written one that takes under a second to load and is much lighter on the servers than most. Basically, this one uses a cron to get the status of every service on every server every 10 minutes and stores the data in a MySQL database. Then, when you visit the site, the data is pulled from the database and you can view it in the simple design it currently has.

Anyway, I'm after a better way to present the data, the current design is okay but I was wondering if anybody has some basic ideas for what I could do to improve it. So, here's the site: http://tnl2k7.uk.to/other/x10Hosting/status/view.php

And before you mention the few services that are showing up as offline (MySQL and SMTP), this is because of the firewall and is out of my control ;). I'll be adding a news section and stuff at some point, and a list of services which are known to give false readings :).

All constructive, one-paragraph or more reponses (of decent length) will recieve 40 credits (or maybe more).

-Luke.

Last edited:

Wizet

Reaction score
Well it's kind of like both because he wants us to review his site and he is giving us credits for reviewing it.

My review: Well for the website I think it is kind of good but to make it more attractive try and put some skins and colors on the website to make it more colorful

Not much to explain about the except that it is helpful!

Last edited:

TheMan177

Reaction score
Alright then, I think how you've represented the data already is fine. You mentioned the design as being simple, and that's what I think you'll want to stick with. If you end up making it too flashy it'll take even longer to load and distract you from the information you're actually there for.

Whatever design you choose for it, just use a nice, simple colour scheme; space things out a bit more as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.