403 Forbidden error on index.php file

Status
Not open for further replies.

twdx10ho

Reaction score
Kind of a weird error. I can access the index.php file in my SuiteCRM installation. However, when I try to save using certain features, I sometimes get an 403 forbidden error on my main index.php file.

Reviewing this online, it would seem that some people think it is due to blocking by "ModSecurity" Unfortunately, it would seem I cannot modify modsecurity on my domain? Also I cannot view my linux error logs to see why I might be getting this error.

Here is a post from someone that resolved this error by having the host add rule exceptions for mod)security.
https://suitecrm.com/community/adva...portal-support/5509-aos-settings-not-updating

I guess I'm asking if I can have a rule exception to allow suitecrm to work properly on my account?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

twdx10ho

Reaction score
Is there someway I can turn off mod security or get an exception so that I can run suitecrm properly?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can't turn off mod_security on Free Hosting, no (think of the potential for abuse on a free account that only needs a throw-away email to set up), but you may be able to get a rule exception/refinement, depending on what needs to be excepted. It'll take a while for somebody with the right access to get back to you; not many of us have it, and some of them that do have it aren't over-comfortable twiddling the security-related knobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.