403 Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Certain files on my site, such as images have stopped showing up on my pages. Upon further inspection, trying to view the images directly gives me a '403 Forbidden' error. This is what I tried so far:

1) I have checked the permissions of all my directories, and even set them and public_html to 777
2) I have checked my .htaccess files. Nothing strange, so I tried deleting them.

Nothing has worked. The only error I am getting in my log is "File does not exist: /home/ggxtreme/public_html/403.shtml".

Help?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You've looked all around cPanel's options right? I believe there is an option in there that may be relating to the 403 error. Check the Hotlinking settings first.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Hotlink protection is off, but it wouldn't matter anyway because I deleted all my .htaccess files. In the File Manager, permissions show up 755 or higher for all directories.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, ok. Corey will need to look into this then, since it sounds like something might've glitched up.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Hotlink protection is off, but it wouldn't matter anyway because I deleted all my .htaccess files. In the File Manager, permissions show up 755 or higher for all directories.

That may be the problem. If they are higher than 755, it may be why you are getting that error. Try setting all files to 755 or lower.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
That may be the problem. If they are higher than 755, it may be why you are getting that error. Try setting all files to 755 or lower.

Wow, thanks a lot. That fixed everything. The problem is, does that mean that writable directories like uploads won't work properly?

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Quick question before this thread is done: Can I set a file's permissions to 444? It's annoying seeing a warning in my Admin CP telling me to change file permissions to 444. I tried doing that via FileZilla, but they just go back to 644.

Status
Not open for further replies.