406 not acceptable error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayman20

Reaction score
I am using wordpress 2.6.1, my site is freemyipodtouch.x10hosting.com and every time i try to write a new page, it goes to a page that says...

"Not Acceptable, An appropriate representation of the requested resource /wp-admin/post.php could not be found on this server."

and under that

"Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.freemyipodtouch.x10hosting.com Port 80"

I think it has something to do with the mod_security but im not sure, PLEASE HELP.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes it does, what kind of content are you trying to post?

jayman20

Reaction score
Just plain text, about 16 lines long. I tried posting a short page with less content and it worked but it started to give me the error once it reached about 14 lines i believe.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Paste the contents of the file here

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
No, of the content you were putting in to past.

jayman20

Reaction score
oh ok, it was this...(a guide)

"1. You will need to be running a jailbroken 2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2 iphone or ipod touch with cydia installed

2. Next you will need to install open SSH on your device (package in Cydia)

3. Now log into WinSCP (ssh client for iphone) while your device is connected

4. Create a folder named "documents" in /var/mobile/ and set the permissions to 777

5. Create a folder named "documents" in the applications folder and set the permissions to 777 as well

(note: you will only need to create these two folders once and you can install as many games as you would like)

6. Navigate in WinSCP to "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework"

7. Rename the MobileInstallation file to "MobileInstallation.bak"

8. Download this patched file and place it in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework folder and set its permissions to 775

10.Reboot your device

11.Download the cracked app you wish to install

12. Now download an official app from the app store (it can be free or paid) on your device.

(note: you must keep this app that you install, on your device as long as you want the cracked files to work.)

13.Find the cracked app you downloaded onto your computer and double click on it

14. It should open itunes, in the applications folder showing the application you downloaded

15. Now just go to your device's folder and sync it with the app

16. Once you have done that, you are finished!

note: i do not take credit for finding this method"

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Is it working now?

jayman20

Reaction score
Yes it is!

What did you change?
Edit:
Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
PM Brandon with a link to this thread if you want him to tell you what he changed.

I'll close the thread as the problem has been solved. Feel free to re-open it if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.