406 Not Acceptable error

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddo

Reaction score
I have been getting this error on my site http://4salepowellriver.x10hosting.com for 4 days now.

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_mono/1.9 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at 4salepowellriver.x10hosting.com Port 80

I read posts about similar cases, but they seemed to have been due to short term server difficulties, but 4 days??

This surely can't be just server upgrades or whatever?? Any answers??

Thanks

Last edited:

freddo

Reaction score
I have just checked them and they are all 644 in the root of public_html. I have not changed anything on the site recently, it just stopped working. Today I re-uploaded all the root directory files, even tried an index.html instead of .php, but no change. I might try uploading the whole site again, but I have a feeling it won't fix it.

Any other ideas? I'm at a loss. Thanks.

freddo

Reaction score
This 406 Not Acceptable error still persists, 6 days now. Since this inquiry was moved to Level 2 Support, nothing has happened.

Is this related to server issues or what can the problem be?

I would apprec iate some feedback, please.

Thanks.
Edit:
The site is working again today.

I guess the problem was linked to the server transfer, although all the information I had available from cPanel and the fact that FTP access still worked) suggested all should be working.

I hope the system will be stable now, I think x10Hosting has a great future and I would like to be able to continue using x10 and recommend it to others.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.