500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Cláudio Clemente and im the owner of the x10hosting account bound to the claudio.clemente20@gmail.com email and yesterday i install the joomla 1.6.3 on my server to start a web page and all went well, and today when i tried to login today at19:00 pm i recived this message:

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

i would like to no how can i solve this and how can i prevent it.

Tanks in advance

Cláudio Clemente.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

500 Internal Server Errors are caused by errors on your account that you can easily fix once you figure out what the error is. The common causes for 500 Internal Server Errors are below:
1. Permissions. Files MUST be 644 and folders MUST be 755.
2. Not specifying a RewriteBase when using RewriteRules in .htaccess.
3. Trying to use php_flag or php_value in .htaccess.

Please see our wiki page for more information.

Please note that if none of the above work for you, then there is currently an ongoing issue with the free hosting servers where intermittent 500 Internal Server Errors are handed out for an inexplicable reason. If you can reload the page and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, then you are affected by this issue. The admins are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it, but there is no ETA as of yet on when it will be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.