500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

guillaume.hagen27

Reaction score
Hi,

I just uploaded my website and when I try to access to it I have an error 500. I read different posts about this error, but I can't find a solution. Can you please help me. Thanks

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Boru is working fine.
This is a small check to see if the site files that you uploaded are creating the problem.
--> as you already have the backup,
create a temporary folder in public_html and move all the site files(those you uploaded) into that temporary folder.
Now clear your browser cache and flush dns(see this)
Now hit http://aghagen.x10.bz/
If you donot get the error now,it would be clear that the site files you uploaded had to do something with the 500 internal server error
Also it is to be noted that all site files should have file permissions as 644 and all folder are set to be 755 for correct functioning of the site.

guillaume.hagen27

Reaction score
dear vv.bbcc19,

Thank you for your fast answer. I tried everything you said and it still doesn't work. I think the problems comes from php configuration because my html pages works fine : http://aghagen.x10.bz/guillaume/.
I just copied the same files into my local apache server and it works fine, so I don't understand what is happening.

Do you have other clues ?

Thanks

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. All files (especially .php files) must have permissions set to 0644 . 0666 or 0777 will cause 500 errors.

2. .htaccess files also can cause 500 errors. Trying to set php variables will do it. Not setting RewriteBase will also do it.

guillaume.hagen27

Reaction score
I removed the .htaccess, but I don't know what I can write inside to make my website working. I checked my files and they look having the good rights. I don't understand why I could install Joomla and now with the same files I have this error. Do you know what kind of variable I can write into the .htaccess file?
Thanks

guillaume.hagen27

Reaction score
Hi,

I finally solved my problem, it was a problem with rights on the public_html folder. I checked all inside and it was this one!!!

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.