7InchTablets.net

digyourpc

Reaction score
Hello, please tell me what do you think of my new site

7 Inch Tablets

Any valuable suggestion or feedback is much appreciated.
Also, if you find any bug or typo error, please report it here....

Last edited:

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Why is the Home page a copy of the Reviews page? Also, you could use a mailto: link in the Privacy Policy section by email, and that same email should be in the Contact Us section, I personally prefer using Gmail than a website form for contacting site owners. Other than that it's good.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It is tremendously bad practice to use a mailto link, or to even display email addresses on web pages. That's just asking for spam.

ellescuba27

Reaction score
If it's not sending to your personal email, who cares if your business email has spam? Ok, maybe somebody does, that's just my opinion though. At least you don't have spam in your main email address, and with spam blockers and most spam being blocked by government stuff now, it will likely be like almost none was ever there.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd be very annoyed if my work email started getting spammed - there aren't enough hours in the day as it is without having to deal with spam as well.

phoenix2010

Reaction score
i use webspamprotect on my contact us page also comes with a configurable capchas as well and best of all its free for a couple of web forms

learning_brain

Reaction score
Interesting views here, and I guess much of it is personal.

There are plenty of e-mail harvesters around, but spamming is all around us. Managing it is the key, so I don't mind giving out a gmail address because google is good at sorting my garbage out!

As for my credentials, I'm an Android freak, owning a Galaxy Note and looking at getting a 10.1 tablet so - you guessed it, I'm your target audience.

My first response was.... why 7inch? Your site includes tablets of all sizes and I guess you'd be a bit limited so .... I can't figure that out.

Header image - meh... didn't really get my juices going - perhaps introduce a more graphic image like the one at http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02229/iPad-Rick_2229235b.jpg - not that one - but one like it to add a bit of intrigue and style.

The main rollover images are distracting - only because they are different heights and everytime it switches, the whole content shifts up or down to compensate.

Nevertheless, I did start reading up...

You know what... I read lots of reviews and your reviews are OK - but its all a bit text-heavy. When I'm going over the web to fact-find, I like nice obvious comparison tables and graphics to illustrate unique selling points.

For instance, having a small table at the top of each review stating: size, manufacturer, battery life, core, resolution - maybe with little icons for each ...... oh yeah - then I can judge quickly what I want to start reading.

I think you just need to think about what sells a tablet and ram it down your viewers throats - not just in a blog-format.

Hope this helps a bit.

Richard