Able to check CPU usage stats...

sathanna

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've looked around, and I can not see anyway to check how much CPU I've been using. Seeing as people seem to constantly get suspended for high resource usage, it would be nice to be able to check how much resource we ARE using.

If this is already possible, perhaps it should be made easier to access, because I certainly can't find it.

Thanks.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This has been an asked for feature for a while now. There is a CPU Load status page in cPanel, but that is for the server in particular. Could be one thing to consider creating for the service, given that the monitor isn't resource hungry either.

sathanna

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ah, I see. I didn't notice that before. You mean under Service Status, yes? Or am I looking at something different.
Besides all some other random stuff, it shows Memory Used and seems to mention some of my file directories... though they are pretty high considering my sites don't do much... (79% for mem used, and 73% for both of my directories.. maybe that's normal though?) Am I getting confused and this is different kind of thing?

It would be nice to be able to see a history chart or something.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The status page in cPanel means the whole server, it's not user-specific. Currently, there is no way for you do check your individual usage. It is recommended that you do not use a lot of plugins for applications such as Wordpress, as they use a lot of resources. Also, do not make loops that take a while to process, that creates a high load.

Resource usage isn't the only reason people get suspended. It's recommended that you review the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy viewable here: http://x10hosting.com/tos.php http://x10hosting.com/aup.php

Regards,

Justin

sathanna

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well, high resource usage was the main reason I was getting suspended.
I had wordpress, but had next to no plug-ins. Nothing that would have caused it, but it still happened. It might have been the theme I was using. Ether way, I've deleted the blog.

Anyway, is it planned for the future (even if far future) to allow users to see their individual usage?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We are planning on adding graphs to the new account panel with usage overtime for CPU, Memory, etc... because it's more of an added feature than required functionality you probably won't see it until summer sometime.