about FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

themasterrocker

hey guys,

I was wondering if Stoili's HDD had been sorted out? because i need to do some FTPing and i can't without Stoili's HDD having enough space.
HDD = Hard Disk Drive (if you didn't know :p)

A different question now:
Is there restrictions on how much GB of files we can upload in a certain day? or is it upload in a month? or week?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Stoli's hard drive is currently full. It is being worked on.

There is no restriction other than your account's disk space limit.

T

themasterrocker

Everything else is fine Chris, I just need FTP on :D I've got an index page to load up from dreamweaver. (I've got a sub on at the moment with the ad and stating that site's under construction) It should sort it :p
Edit:
besides chris can you answer me this?

Is there restrictions on how much GB of files we can upload in a certain day? or is it upload in a month? or week?

T

themasterrocker

hmm because according to Account manager upload system everytime i upload something if i go back to the page it decreases from 2GB by how much of MB the file was. like now it is 1.75 GB instead of 2GB which is strange, so there's got to be a 2GB limit on a day or something?

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Is this cPanel that you are uploading with?

And are you sure that isn't your diskspace.

T

themasterrocker

This is what i'm on about
Maximum File Size allowed for upload: 1.78 GB
It's meant to be
Maximum File Size allowed for upload: 2GB

heres a printscreen as well incase you're still not totally sure what i mean
...The max upload is meant to be 2GB but its showing as 1.78MB because i uploaded some files earlier via this. According to leafypiggy after explaining it a bit better it shouldn't do this.

uploadag1.png

Edit:
Any Ideas at all?

T

themasterrocker

Ok... Can this get fixed? It doesn't need doing this minute, but it needs doing because i've started noticing it goes back to 2.0GB in an hour =/

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
We're constantly working on freeing space on Stoli hard drive. The thing is that as we free space, there's also people uploading stuff.
I would recommend you to start uploading your files if you find space. urrently, there's a good amount of free space on Stoli.

T

themasterrocker

Yeah i have been :) But it's not the total point Fedlerner, I do FTP work and currently starting mySQL databases but if i upload using the manager (sometimes it's easier to) Everything i put on if i click to go on it straight after it shows lower than 2.0GB depending on the MB of files i put on.
As my picture showed Chris, If you're wondering which one i mean this one:
uploadag1.png

Yeah it might be better to save and then zoom in on the disk space. I didn't really stretch it.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
The FileManager upload script shows the maximum size that you can upload via this PHP script. If you've some space user on your diskspace, it will reflect on this.
Ex: If you've the Advanced plan (1GB DiskSpace), and you're using 500MB, the script will show that you're able to upload 500MB.

This is how it works and we can't change it. Anyway, I don't find really importance on this.. What problem/error is causing you?

T

themasterrocker

I get 2GB of space usually and On that it's decreased to 1.78GB which isn't right because it should stay at 2GB per an upload but i uploaded 22mb of files and it dropped to 1.78 when i next looked it to upload something else, although it did increase within an hour back to 2GB, so its not stopping me its just slowing me down having this decreasing lower than 2GB per an upload if you know what i mean. Because i could use that 2GB in like 3 uploads of some things and then i'd have to wait like 2 hours for 2GB of upload to come back, instead of just keep uploading and uploading. the 2GB is a limit so if i wanted to upload a file thats 2.3gb i wouldn't be able to but if i wanted to upload a file exactly 2gb i would be able to because of the 2gb limit.

T

themasterrocker

Well, i don't have an account on there? so seriously i don't want to go through making another forum account.

Slight different question as well?

WTH is going on with Apache HTTP, it's on and off and on and off.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Please read the News section. x10hosting servers are going through some maintenance.
All servers will be much more stable when this maintenance is finished.

T

themasterrocker

Oh that's what it is! lol,
Back to the point, I want it sorted however i do not have an cPanel forums account nor do i want to make one. Can't you file it for me? If not then just close the thread, I'll FTP if need-be, however just keep Stoli's Hard Disk clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.