Absolut: HTTP repeadedly goes out...Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchgaming

Reaction score
Would someone care to enlighten as to why the HTTP on Absolute keeps going out? This seems to happen VERY VERY often throughout the day, and has been happening for WEEKS! I find it EXTREMELY annoying that half of the time I try to visit my site... I can't! I'd also like someone to take the time to inform me on what it will COST me to get my site MOVED to a server that DOES NOT have these problems. Admins know what these are, so I will not list them and cause trouble. I just want to be situated somewhere, that my reputation isn't being destroyed before I can build it! Do you have any idea how embarassing it is to invite people to your site, but the MAJORITY of them reply.. "I couldn't find it..." or "your site sucks dude...it's always offline..."
Can someone please help me out here?

AND I'M STAYING ON X10 so STOP sending me invites to another hosting company or I WILL HAVE YOU BANNED!!! consider yourself warned!

primawolf

Reaction score
its not just happening on your server its happening on cossacks too, and it is frusterating as you are working on something and then you get the 404 error in mids of changes. I just have to say that it has been lucky that it hasnt been in a file upload that its happened.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you want to change to another free host, it will probably cost you very little time and effort to switch. Use PHPMyAdmin to backup the database. Use FTP to backup the files, then vice versa on the new server. Change DNS for the domain registrar. Maybe 10 minutes of work. I do this consistently to backup my site to my personal computer, where I use XAMPP for my development and X10 for the hosting.

masteraa

Reaction score
This has been happening to me quite a bit too....

I had a potential site sponsor attempt to look at my site last week, and it was down.

I know I should provably have a website this important like this on a paid server...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If the site is an important business for you, I would go to the paid hosting. For the $70 a year it costs, you will have .01% downtime as opposed to what you have now, which is very good for a free host, in my opinion.

nchgaming

Reaction score
Re: Absolut: HTTP repeatedly goes out...Why?

The fact of the matter is that it is happening on a very regular basis with ALL of the free and ad supported servers. My concern is moving to a server that this DOES NOT happen to. The link for hosting prices is useless to me, because I don't know what goes on what server. I'm not going to upgrade...to get the same results.. (get my point) I'm happy with the server I'm on, and the package I have, but I NEED more stability. I would much prefer advise from an administrator... thanks anyway.
I'm 100% serious about what I'm doing...not just playing around, or experimenting. I WANT a good reputation, but need to be online for that to happen. My site is up well over 90%, but that 10% down is KILLING MY SITE'S MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
I can't find anything useful to me here...so I'm hoping that someone that CONTROLS this stuff will TALK to me..... NOT SEND ME LINKS!
Edit:
essentially......stunting our growth, truning away sponsors, losing members, members cant sign up- login- or find the site..... they don't come back.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
For paid hosting there's a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Any admin will tell you the same. If there is less than 99.9% you will be credited for the loss of time. Go to the IRC chat if you want to talk "face-to-face" with an admin. I usually see Brandon or even Corey (site owner) in there.

Paid hosts are on different servers and have not been affected by the recent downtime.

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
For paid hosting there's a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Any admin will tell you the same. If there is less than 99.9% you will be credited for the loss of time. Go to the IRC chat if you want to talk "face-to-face" with an admin. I usually see Brandon or even Corey (site owner) in there.
I've been in the chat many many times... they're busy. I need them to adress this when THEY have the time. Not when I want it. I understand this. and as far as 99.9% or you'll receive credit.... I don't want a "credit", OR the down time....
Just enough stability to keep my (few) members.
Also.... the question ORIGINALLY ASKED has NOT been answered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My concern is moving to a server that this DOES NOT happen to. The link for hosting prices is useless to me, because I don't know what goes on what server. I'm not going to upgrade...to get the same results..

There's no guarantee for ANY of the free-servers including those that require ads that they will stay up because there are SO MANY accounts on the servers, then you can get one or two users abusing the things available then you have unavoidable HDD failures out of the blue (like what we saw happen two weeks or so ago).

With the PAID servers(WHICH ARE DIFFERENT!! to the free servers), there are EXTREMELY less people on these servers that ARE stable.

I don't believe it's a great advertisement if free servers aren't stable then trying to persuade people to upgrade to the paid servers, but genuinely, they are different.

EDIT**: You know this is unofficial member-to-member support so you WON'T get a response from admins here that you so clearly want.
The only way to get a response from them would be to go down the OFFICIAL route which is over at http://support.x10hosting.com/ or http://forums.x10hosting.com/sendmessage.php.

Also, you say you want to TALK to them - http://www.x10hosting.com/ << Top of the page, there's a number.

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
ok....like my potential members.. I'm frustrated. I can't get the question I ASKED answered as WHAT WAS ASKED. So I'll close this thread and wait for a PM.

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
ok....like my potential members.. I'm frustrated. I can't get the question I ASKED answered as WHAT WAS ASKED. So I'll close this thread and wait for a PM.

Hmm, you asked :

I'd also like someone to take the time to inform me on what it will COST me to get my site MOVED to a server that DOES NOT have these problems.

This was your question in your original post. I happily answered that. The cost to move to a server that does not have those problems is to move to a paid server. ( As clearly told by others in this thread ) I gave you the link and prices. That was your initial question - asked / answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.