Account status

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcresume

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about the status of my hosting account.

I got an email that was entitled "x10Hosting Account Inactivity Suspension Warning" which indicates "At this time, your x10Hosting forum account rcresume has been inactive for 36 days." I wasn't clear from this email whether I was in danger of being suspended or had already been suspended.

I signed into my account and went to the account management page. From there, I clicked on "Free Hosting - View Details", then clicked on "View Suspension History". I found the resulting page VERY cryptic. It showed the word "suspension" with a pink background and the number 2 beside it. Higher on the page, it assured me that most suspensions could be resolved automatically from this page. However, there were no instructions on how to do so. I've been using computers for a long time and I'm used to things being less than obvious sometimes so I tried some things. I really can't tell from this page if it is just telling me that I was suspended at some point or if I am suspended right now. I tried clicking on "suspension" to see if that would let me unsuspend my account if it was indeed suspended but "suspension" was not clickable. The "2" beside it looked like it might be clickable but when I clicked it, I got "Loading..." in the tab title of my browser but nothing changed on the page. I couldn't find anything else to click except the dropdown box containing "rcresume" but that accomplished nothing either.

The bottom line is that I'm still not clear from that page if I _AM_ suspended now or if I _WAS_ suspended at some point but am not now. I have no idea whatever how I can clear the suspension from that page if I am suspended.

Then I went back to the Hosting Account Management page and it gives my status as "unsuspended". Does this mean that I was suspended and unsuspended myself? Otherwise, I might have expected to see a term like "Active". I see that I can still access my website which is the main thing so I'm happy about that. I also see from the email that I can avoid suspensions by signing into the forum account every 36 days to keep the account active and I will do my best to remember to do that. However, I still think your procedures could use some improving so that the email is clearer in indicating whether the user is actually suspended or is only on the verge of being suspended. In my opinion, the Suspension History page needs a lot of work to make it clearer whether the user is indeed suspended or not and to clarify how to remove the suspension if the user is suspended.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
The mail was just to remind you to be active in forums so your suspension is avoided .Currently your account is active.

Status
Not open for further replies.