Account suspended due to XP gigabook not being free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdimpy

Reaction score
Hi my account has been suspended for having a copy of a book xp gigabook on there.
I would remove it but I cant and the suspension email said to contact you.
Can you help please.

Many thanks

Steve

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Uploading that book meant that you were hosting copyrighted material that didn't belong to you. This is very clearly forbidden as outline in the TOS you agreed to when you signed up for a hosting account and against US copyright law. Your account is permanently suspended.

mrdimpy

Reaction score
So does that mean thats the end of it?
No more site dont come back?

Steve

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It is indeed the end of it. Your account will be pending termination, and until then, it's permanently suspended and no access to it is allowed.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You were warned when you signed up for an account and agreed to the terms of service. You should have read them.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Nope, there's nothing else to be done about it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just backing calistoy up here.

The TOS is your warning - just like when you sign an agreement to a credit card that says "We will charge you a late fee if payments aren't made by the payment due date," they don't send warnings to tell you that you're close to being overdue (or at least none of my 6 do), you agreed to the TOS that said we don't allow content in violation of any federal, state, or local laws. You didn't have the redistribution rights to the XP Gigabook, thus you were in violation of all 3 since it's against federal laws to redistribute content that isn't yours, and same with state/local (it constitutes transmission of stolen property).

Status
Not open for further replies.