Account Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyburton_78

Reaction score
my hosting account was suspended due to uploading vbulletin because there was no license file but i hadn't finished uploading the files, there is only about 200 files for vbulletin uploaded.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
vBulletin has an amazing system where, if you download it legally from the vBulletin site after having paid for a license, EVERY file has the license # at the top. Because your files lack such a license number, there is a 100% probability that you did not download it from the vBulletin site, meaning that you are uploading pirated software (aka warez) to your site. This is a permanent suspension and you cannot regain access to your account unless you can prove that you have a valid vBulletin license number for your domain. If you have such a number, post it here so that we can check with vBulletin to determine its validity. If you do not, enjoy your permanent suspension and thank you for using x10Hosting!

scottyburton_78

Reaction score
i got it from a friend, if i'm not allowed back in can you atleast give me a backup of my files?,
i don't fancy starting everything again.

and one more thing.... why are you so arrogant?????

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
vBulletin is a paid software suite from www.vbulletin.com -- a standard license costs $195. What your friend did was give you a pirated version that had the licensing restrictions removed so that you did not have to pay money for it, which is illegal. Because of this, we have a Zero Tolerance policy where we permanently suspend accounts that upload pirated software to them. As per our Terms of Service, we are in no way obligated to give you access to your account or any form of backup once it is suspended for a Zero Tolerance policy violation. You may thank your friend for just costing you your hosting account, which will be deleted automatically in around 14 days.

I apologize for sounding arrogant in the post above, it was not my intention to do so. We get 5+ cases of people uploading pirated vBulletin installations each day, and the vast majority of them know that the software is pirated and still try to appeal their suspension. While you may not have necessarily known that the copy your friend gave you was pirated, a quick google search for vBulletin would have taken you to their website at www.vbulletin.com, which very obviously states on the front page that the software costs money, so that should have raised a few red flags.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
We get 5+ cases of people uploading pirated vBulletin installations each day

10+ actually on average. Most are quality forgeries without a license #, the others are using falsified keys that I verify with vBulletin anyways. Just wanted to make sure we have accurate figures out there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.