Account Swapping Idea

Zenax

Reaction score
Ok, So i have an idea. I don't know what people will think but hence wthats why I am posting.

I think that when people have accounts they no longer want on x10, then they should be given to someone who is on the waiting list for an account. The account can be wiped clean, and then they can make all the changes themselves!

So what do ya think guys ....?

Regards,
Zenax

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
That's pretty much the same thing as deleting the old account and creating the new one... you'd have to do pretty much the same stuff.

Zenax

Reaction score
Yeah but it saves people having to wait for it to be created.They simply get an account no one wants. This would be useful since the account script aint running yet!

Regards,
Zenax

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It makes some sense, unless of course the issue right now is that they can't create new accounts.

I'm more wondering what would happen if they can't change cpanel names/passwords - then you're getting into security issues :S

Zenax

Reaction score
yeah you might encounter security issues.however the idea is to allow people who are waiting for accounts to make use of the accounts people dont want.

You can always change the name etc yourself.

Cynical

Reaction score
I like it, except instead of recycling the account, it could just be deleted and then re-made.

Zenax

Reaction score
yup, it was an idea I had. It helps people waiting for the automatic script thing!

dest581

Reaction score
That's a rather big security issue. It's better to wait until the backend is fixed up.