Accounts> What I think should happen, and why.

dsfreak

Reaction score
x10 staff,

This is what I think should be done with the account situation, so please read through. I think the timer thing, should be widened to 3-4 weeks, just incase there is an extenuiating circumstance. Next, I think that you should allow the reporting of sites again, but this time, for little or no points. I would be glad to help in anyway I can with that, so pm me if you have something I can do. Next, I think that you should higher more staff, espically account managers, again, I would do this, for free. Finally, I think that you should use a two week timer on NEWLY CREATED accounts, as those are usually the non-used ones. Any feedback, please post here. If the satff have something I can do, pm me.

Thanks, Andy.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so we'll low ball this. Say 300 accounts a day, now we'll X that by 4 weeks. 8,000 accounts. The servers can not handle that. Two weeks is stretching it as it is.

Each staff member that we add is just another added risk to people that have account access. I really don't want 50 people with these privleges.

Having members list accounts hypothetically was a good idea, it will be easier and faster for staff to go through the list we have instead.

On the last suggestion, I might see if we can do something where if an account was created more than a few months ago it bypasses the check.

-Corey

dsfreak

Reaction score
Ok, glad to see one of my ideas was accepted. I also think the reporting of sites was a good idea, but due to lack of staff, it didn't seem to push through correctly. Since I am sure you have a few more applications, you should look for people that have been using this hosting for around 3-4 months, and have more than 150 posts, showing that they actually use the site, in which case, they would be more trustworthy. Now, this next part, I am not sure about. You should have, say, around 12 or so account managers, and should assign #1 to account #-A, #2 to accounts B-C, and so on. I think that we be good, wehat is your input on that?

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Corey said:
Okay, so we'll low ball this. Say 300 accounts a day, now we'll X that by 4 weeks. 8,000 accounts. The servers can not handle that. Two weeks is stretching it as it is.

Each staff member that we add is just another added risk to people that have account access. I really don't want 50 people with these privleges.

Having members list accounts hypothetically was a good idea, it will be easier and faster for staff to go through the list we have instead.

On the last suggestion, I might see if we can do something where if an account was created more than a few months ago it bypasses the check.

-Corey
Right now we have what 8-9 account managers + 2 admins and then theres Richerd, Tyler and Bigguy. Theres more then enough staff to set up accounts theres almost always some one on. It's not like it takes a half hour to set up an account takes 5 sec. We have more then enough staff to set up accounts.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
As Corey said in another thread, it takes 1+ minute to suspend or terminate each account, so, it is the same if we look through the list ourselves, that looking thread by thread.

Mani5

Reaction score
I think dsfreak is right....

we shud only put it on brand new accounts and these already made 1s to a 3 week timer........

-Mani
p.s just made my 2nd sig