Add-on/Parked domain park wrapper issue + temp workaround

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godbot3000

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe a fair number of us are familiar with this message:
Code:
Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs:  173.236.27.195,99.198.122.2  Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not   appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer   the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add   one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A   entries on that remote nameserver.
This occurs when one attempts to add an add-on/parked domain to cPanel and happens even if the domain is pointed to the right name servers, and indeed, those two IP addresses listed are in fact x10's name servers.

Looking at the last 10 or so pages I can see a number of threads about this issue and none have been answered satisfactorily. I can only presume then that this is not a problem that the community staff can resolve easily. To those having this issue, I offer the workaround that I used: Use the dot tk redirection service ( http://www.dot.tk ) to point to your x10 subdomain. I realize that for those with significant purchase in their TLD, this solution is not particularly useful, but at least it's another option in the interim.

Cheers,
Godbot3000

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
This issue should be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.