Adding ad's to phpbb forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

haqzombie

Reaction score
Well, right now I'm still waiting for approval, which shouldn't take long...anyway, before i posted the forum online I installed a prog called EasyPhp, which installed and configured apache, sql and php for me, then I installed phpbb at home, which I do not have net at the time. I'm at work. Anyway...

I have the phpbb forum the way I like it, just waiting to upload. Now, I have the ad package and I'm going to take it home to add to the forum, but I'm not sure where to add it too in the phpbb file. I'm assuming overall_header file, but is there a specific spot? Or is it just trial and error? Since I need the ad to show up at the top of the screen in EVERY topic/page, what common page should I use?

Imakuni

Reaction score
Well, you need to edit templates/subsilver/overall_header.tpl.

haqzombie

Reaction score
That's what I thought...just wasn't sure if there was a specific spot I had to insert the code...guess it'd just be a trial and error thing. Thanks man.

Imakuni

Reaction score
haqzombie said:
That's what I thought...just wasn't sure if there was a specific spot I had to insert the code...guess it'd just be a trial and error thing. Thanks man.
Nothing to it really. If you wish, I can do it for you. :happy:

haqzombie

Reaction score
Eh I think I can handle it by myself...I'm a big boy :)

Thx for the offer though.

Imakuni

Reaction score
haqzombie said:
Eh I think I can handle it by myself...I'm a big boy :)

Thx for the offer though.

okay, i dont mind helping when needed, and i see i aint needed... :crying:

haqzombie

Reaction score
funindia said:
Check the ads on phpBB in my forum http://funindia.x10hosting.com/forum
If you like my style of placing ads, I can also help you to solve your problem.

PM or Email me.
Thanks!

Well, I just might take you up on your offer...but ATM I'm not sure which template I'm going with, so once I find one that I'm going to stick with, I may pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.