Ads in Joomla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedane

Reaction score
I have the Advanced account but i would'nt mind putting in the banner for corprate accounts as long as someone would explain to me how to do it with Joomla.

I recently installed Joomla to use with my site (i havn't made real pages since Netscape), and so i have been trying to get used to how far html (and all this php and xhtml) stuff has gone.

So basically, i have no 'html' experiance (except to get Joomla up and running), and i need to know how to use Joomla's banner system to put in the Ads.

my site is : gokz@x10hosting.com
my username is : zedane

if any admin were to need access to joomla i would not mind making them super-admin (or whatever it takes).

Thanks.
(you guys rock, for creating such a webhost!)

Zedane

Reaction score
you have to join my site first, for me to make you an admin. But yea i'll do it (What have i got to lose, the site is a day old :))

Zedane

Reaction score
well i made you a super admin..its gonna suck if you just totally trash the whole thing.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Zedane said:
well i made you a super admin..its gonna suck if you just totally trash the whole thing.
I'm sure he won't.

Zedane

Reaction score
Shoot! I tried to get the open source banner back up also (the x10hosting one wast'nt taking too much space), and i skrewed the whole thing up. Can you just tell me what to do?

Is there anyway i can advertise both the Joomla site, (a friends site), and x10hosting? (i wouldn't mind having the big banner.)

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If its a corporate package, whatevre you avertise has to be smaller then the x10 ad banner.

Zedane

Reaction score
its not a corporate package, its the advanced. But i am willing to advertise the corprate package if i can swap them (with each refresh) with one of my own.

Adrock1795

Reaction score
you can have 2 banners, just go edit the includes/footer.php and add your frends banner, then the banner will be in the bottem on the page next to the copyright, or you can even make a block in the right or left and add a vertical banner, but i forgot how to do that

Last edited:

Zedane

Reaction score
That works, now i just need to figure out how the Advanced Link thing was placed there in the first place. (and it would help if someone could some how rezise it so its not like
<Link thing>

BLANK SPACE!!!

WAAY down here is the main news..

I know im asking for allot, and i know im really stupid (deleting it after i got help),

But it would rock if someone could help me out :) (yet again)

knoxoqe

Reaction score
Zedane a little search wouldn't hurt. :wink:

I installed Joomla some days ago and tryed to put the x10 ads, but with no result. Fortunately, after searching through the Tutorials forum i found an interesting thread that helped me installing the x10 ads. You can read it by yourself here.

Hope it helps!

Zedane

Reaction score
Thanks knoxoque. It helps allot that its a module so i can put it where i want to.

P.S. i did search, just didn't get anything i thought would help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.