Ads popping up in a new window?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwanana

Reaction score
Hey there,

I was trying out the ads on my site (as you do) and I noticed that they don't open in a new window :hyper: .

It's not much of a big problem but visitors get directed away from my site, directly.

Is there any way to get them to open in a new window???

Cheers for ya help! :facesjump :runaway: :dancingwt :kdubb:

Cynical

Reaction score
The advanced code does open up in a new window, not sure why the corporate one doesn't (I assume you are using the corporate plan if you are haivng this problem).

If you look at the JavaScript source, it appears like it is intended to open in a new window, I'm not sure why it doesn't though...

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Bwanana said:
Hey there,

I was trying out the ads on my site (as you do) and I noticed that they don't open in a new window :hyper: .

It's not much of a big problem but visitors get directed away from my site, directly.

Is there any way to get them to open in a new window???

Cheers for ya help! :facesjump :runaway: :dancingwt :kdubb:
It's not directing them away from your site. If they like your site they'll open the ad in a new window themselves or push the back button later. Even if they close the window or tab out by accident they can undo it and re-open it. You shouldn't force popups on people. Why not let them decide whether to open it in a new window or new tab themselves? If they're at your site and they choose to just click it and not push back it's because they don't like the site.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
if a person likes your site they will go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.