am i allowed to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak92

Reaction score
hi i wanted to start a site but i had a question i will have indian movies and mp3 on it(not hosted on x10 but on rapidshare and other uploading hosts) this is only for educational purposes and i will post that on the main page before the entry of forums. Am i allowed to do this?
and also i posted an email about how to add ads on each page of osticket system i never get repilies

thank you

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
no this would fall under.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]»Warez : Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
[/FONT]

zak92

Reaction score
no you donnt get it it will be educational purposes as i read in one of the other sites iam legally allowed to post that and if the members dont delete the movies or audio within 24 hours they are responsible there is nothing illegal about it

i will post a message

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Do you hold the copyright to any of these movies or mp3's. If not, unless you have permission from the owner of said work you cannot host or have those files on your site.

Last edited:

zak92

Reaction score
lol they dont have copyright on them and no one is the owner its jst some people uploading the movies on rapidshare.de for dowloading

poringy

Reaction score
Actually, that is a myth. You can not use the material legally at all if you have not paid for it. 24 hours was made up by people trying to get around a loophole. Nowhere in legal contracts or rules does it say anything about a 24 hour usage period. If the material was already provided for free, you have to ask permission from the publisher first.

Edit: Geoff got it first. :)

Edit: Wait a minute, how can movies not have an owner? Whoever made those movies is the owner. Don't you mean that people are uploading videos and not movies?

Last edited:

DecemberGuild

Reaction score
Maybe they stated that the movies are free to use and/or distribute?
Zak, if you are legally allowed, I'd put the copyright info and a line saying "Used with permission" or something like that.

Oh, and everything has a copyright. Copyrights are automatic. If the creator hasn't reigstered it, it cannot hold up in court, but the copyright still exists, and is shown in the same manner: Copyright (C) <year> by Name.

Edit: Actually, you should go read over the copyright laws. Using movies that you found on the internet is dangerous if you don't know who owns them. The people uploading them may have stolen them. I'd contact the people that uploaded the content and ask for permission, and ask for the copyright info.

Last edited:

zak92

Reaction score
ok but will you guys sign up with my forums to just check if i have been violating tos? lol coz i wont if it is not allowed il chnage or ujs keep legal movies.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Saying that, in the United Kingdom, you do not have to register copyright. Just put the © symbol on whatever it is with Copyright blah blah. All Rights Reserved. Its better if you have like a solicitor with a copy or something though, holds up better in court.

zak92

Reaction score
lol no one will be sueing me but i just dont want my account banned so will yiou guys do anything if i have info on whose the movies is?

zak92

Reaction score
lol k ill keep © symbol for each material and no one will sue me and plus i just dont want my account banned so thats y i posted not bcuz im scared of courts and will you guys sighn up and check my forums?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if that symbol is there or not. If you DO NOT have PERMISSION from the author of the material YOU CAN NOT HOST IT HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.