An "Affiliates" Program

Equiflux

Reaction score
(Hey, I'm sleepy right now so excuse my retarded typing)

Anywho

I think it'd be fun if x10 had some sort of affiliates program where the more people you get to sign up here, the more points you get on the forums(would that be hard to code?) or like "Brownie Points" where you can avoid being suspended once if you have enough or something.

Goten X

Reaction score
Back with the old sign up, they had a field that asked if someone here referred you to X10, but I don't know if a reward was given. Sounds like a nice idea, though.

|GX

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Equiflux said:
(Hey, I'm sleepy right now so excuse my retarded typing)

Anywho

I think it'd be fun if x10 had some sort of affiliates program where the more people you get to sign up here, the more points you get on the forums(would that be hard to code?) or like "Brownie Points" where you can avoid being suspended once if you have enough or something.
Or just make sure you have your ad's in the right place and you'll be fine!

Articz

Reaction score
Or just make sure you have your ad's in the right place and you'll be fine!

^lol

But It Does Sound Like A Good Idea BUT People Could Start To Cheat And Sign Up Multiple Times Under Different Emails

Chris Z

Reaction score
Articz said:
People Could Start To Cheat And Sign Up Multiple Times Under Different Emails

I'm sure they already do that, unfortunately.

Flashgear

Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
I'm sure they already do that, unfortunately.

but the ips would be the different, unless they use a what u call it lol, a erm.. i forget what its called... the thing that makes your ip different... :doh:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
a proxy? you can get a persons ip that is using a proxy :)

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be used for points in x10 rewards? :S

Equiflux

Reaction score
I had something to add to this conversation but now I forgot -_-'

blackroselove

Reaction score
Flashgear said:
but the ips would be the different, unless they use a what u call it lol, a erm.. i forget what its called... the thing that makes your ip different... :doh:
you can fakw ur ip and it cant be traceablke trust me and also u can renew it through windows... oe of windows faults easy for havker get aways

Conor

Reaction score
Try english next time please.

On another note, if people want their banners/links displayed on any of x10's sites, PM me. :) It would cost money of course but its a good way to get traffic.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
blackroselove said:
you can fakw ur ip and it cant be traceablke trust me and also u can renew it through windows... oe of windows faults easy for havker get aways

You can relay your IP through multiple proxies which would still be traceable but only take way longer.

But if use a packet sniffer/editor and ghost the IP in the packets 1 by 1 unless you have extensive knowledge in programming and are able to make an auto packet ghoster this could be time consuming.

As for the IP ghosting progs. they don't really work & are still traceable.

N

Nathan

Conor said:
Try english next time please.

On another note, if people want their banners/links displayed on any of x10's sites, PM me. :) It would cost money of course but its a good way to get traffic.

I don't think Corey ever set up my banner from months ago... I don't have the receipt anymore. Check the staff lounge.