Animated or still banner ads?

Are you more likely to click on animated or still ads?

• Animated ads

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Still ads

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Don't mind, either

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Thanks very much for your suggestions everyone. Based on the results of this poll I have decided to design a still banner ad for my site.

Last edited:

curt15

Reaction score
Personally against ads, however, Im much more inclined to click on something if its a text ad, or a subtle still ad. Flashy things just make the site look tacky most of the time.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I like still advertisements because I don't like advertisements at all and that makes it easier to ignore them. Animated ads distract the user and make it too hard to read the web page.

chisaku

Reaction score
Animated banners are eye-catching. But don't make them too flashy... that doesn't make me click on a banner. Those always remind me of the banners with "You're the 1000000th visitor, click here to claim your prize! *blink blink blink*" when I was using IE.

Mitch

Reaction score
Animated Ads, you can get more information on a smaller area

FalseHope

Reaction score
I'd rather still banners, animated make my CPU go even slower than it already goes.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
Well it depends.

Lately a lot of people have been blocking ad's through No-Script.

A flash/animated ad would make you lose those showings.

You can fit more in one spot though......

dirtracer36

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with animated or still ads. I do not like huge ads or ads that flash or have too much animation.

I would be more apt to click on an animated ad, if it were a small, well done, not so annoying ad. And of course, it would have to be something of interest to me.

Amlord1

Reaction score
for me it all depends on what im doing. when im playing a game, i absolutely hate animated banners, (no offense to comcast, but there ads are soo anoying. ) they lag me. an it also depends what the ad has.