Anyone here a member of java-forums.org?

fguy64

Reaction score
Hi.

I'd really like to register there, but they have a weird problem with their registration process. When you submit the registration, you get an error that says something like "The string you entered does not match the verification image", except no image is displayed, not does the registration process ask for the information in the first place, nor does it provide a place to type a string. There is only one way to contact these people, through an online form, except that this form has the same problem.

It's weird, this is a busy forum with lots of members.

I actually tracked down the vendor of the forum software, they refused to forward an email to java-forums, saying that they (the vendor) had far too many customers to be doing this for everybody. Morons!

anyways, if you are a member and can bring this to their attention, and maybe get me a contact email, or if you'd care to try registering yourself, I would be most grateful. Here is the link...

http://www.java-forums.org/

idontkno

Reaction score
Hi.

I'd really like to register there, but they have a weird problem with their registration process. When you submit the registration, you get an error that says something like "The string you entered does not match the verification image", except no image is displayed, not does the registration process ask for the information in the first place, nor does it provide a place to type a string. There is only one way to contact these people, through an online form, except that this form has the same problem.

It's weird, this is a busy forum with lots of members.

I actually tracked down the vendor of the forum software, they refused to forward an email to java-forums, saying that they (the vendor) had far too many customers to be doing this for everybody. Morons!

anyways, if you are a member and can bring this to their attention, and maybe get me a contact email, or if you'd care to try registering yourself, I would be most grateful. Here is the link...

http://www.java-forums.org/

The reason why vBulletin didn't reply was because the image verification is a hack, and not included in the normal version.

fguy64

Reaction score
duly noted. Thanks The excuse I did get was really really annoying.