anyway possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyfix30

Reaction score
i could get another mysql db on my free starka account? i have a prem account with your company as well but the db i make there and upload my phpnuke i get so many errors due to the mysql versions being different.. Anyway i can get a new msql db on the starka zyfix account is what im asking for basically. LOL thanks

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You could use a different table prefix with one of the current databases and have two softwares use the same database. Otherwise, you'll need to pay for an upgrade to Prime Membership, Illuminated, or Premium.

zyfix30

Reaction score
oh really sorry its been so many years since i did any server management on the web dev side of things. I couldnt remember if you could do that and also i had question about like if you should have one user for each db or could u just have more then one db and use the same user for all. LOL i couldnt remember so i had been 1 user per db lol kinda stupid ya i know been so busy to actually search or check into that. But thanks for letting me know about the prefix, would u happen to know if its smarter to use the same user for all db's or should you keep users seperate depending on db according to function or what not. and another quick question say i have db ex: A and one prefix named prefix1 and another one named prefix2 in both are in db ex: A should i have same user control both ? would it cause problems between the 2? Exactly what purpose would having more then one db user be besides maybe different users operating or controling certain access to the db? or is that the only real reason to have more then one?. Thanks alot for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.