ASP.NET - Input string was not in the correct format

Status
Not open for further replies.

machado

Reaction score
ASP.NET - Problem with Grid View and SQL data source

Ignore the title - Problem with Grid View and SQL data source

I've already managed to connect and access data from my database using MySQL.

But now, in another page, I have a Grid View with sql data source. I used VS 2008 to create it,

and in my .asxp file I have:

Code:
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" 
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:PWSConnectionString %>" 
        ProviderName="<%$ ConnectionStrings:PWSConnectionString.ProviderName %>" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM Filmes
"></asp:SqlDataSource>

And in my web.config:

Code:
   <connectionStrings>
    <add name="PWSConnectionString" connectionString="server=server;user id=machado_xxxx;password=xxxx;persist security info=False;database=machado_xxxx"
      providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient" />
  </connectionStrings>

And I'm getting :

Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient'.

But... Where is the problem after all? I'm already using MySql.Data.dll sucessfuly, I dont understand whats the problem..
Edit:
Nobody can help me ?

Last edited:

machado

Reaction score
Seems like nobody around here knows the solution to your problem.

You can try reviewing this thread to see if there's anything that you're doing wrong:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/tutorials/102062-how-get-asp-net-work-x10hosting.html

Or try asking for help in the Programming Help section so you can grab the attention of more experienced programmers.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/programming-help/

Looks like the problem is using Sql Data Source to fill the GridView. So the solution is not use sql datasource, and fill the gridview in .cs file and also not use web.config

That solve the problem ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.