ASPX help

j4k3s7a

Reaction score
ive used aspx on my website before, and it worked for about a week then i got an internal server error, i finally fixed that by editing my .htaccess file and now i have this error

The XML page cannot be displayed.

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://j4k3s7a.x10hosting.com/Default.aspx'. Line...
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
-^

Here is my website:
www.j4k3s7a.x10hosting.com/Default.aspx

any help would be greatly appriceated

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It'd be easier to help you if you were to say where you were seeing this error. Please read "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". The "Before You Ask" and "Be precise and informative about your problem" sections in particular apply here.

Since the error message is about processing XML, I'm assuming you're seeing it in your browser, which I'm also assuming is IE (Firefox and Safari are more user friendly in displaying invalid XHMTL content). If this is the case, IE is getting the ASP.Net processing directive ("<%@ ... %>"), so the problem is that the page isn't being processed as ASP.Net code. If you had done a google search for the error message, you would have been lead to this page, which tells you how to restore the ASP.Net handler mapping, along with other pages giving other solutions if that doesn't work.

ejweb

Reaction score
Also, sometimes you may be running two versions of .NET; v 1.1 or 2.0. It appears you're server is running it in the application pool as 1.1 but are you using 2.0 to develop it in? As was noted by 'mission'; go to that support page and try their examples. Good luck...

Jeremia0

Reaction score
I think the problem would be server side, yet the link you gave him would only help if he was serving the files himself