Votes: 14 24.6%
  • nVidia

Votes: 43 75.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goodsnpr

Reaction score
Suprisied I havn't seen any polls or discussions on which brand is more prefered...

I personally like ATI as it gives you more bang for the buck.
Example: I play RB6:Vegas alot online and I was playing with an ATI X1600 Pro while my friend had an nVidia card worth ~$120 more than mine, yet my little card showed smoke, tracers and everything else while his didn't.

chanakber

Reaction score
I prefer ATI, i have 1600 pro too and its the best thing that i have seen, ati allways puts something a little extra in all of their graphic cards, you will be able to see that easy and they are easy to overclock aswell. They allways come with a top of the line pixel shader since alot of dx10 games will be depending on them.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
There was a similar poll just a few weeks back, I prefer Nvidia cards, they contain more 'bang' then ATI cards. ATI seems to lag behind Nvidia.

dharmil

Reaction score
i like ATI cuz i always had problems with nvidia drivers...

and i just bought a ATI HD2600Xt 512Mb ram its amazing so i like ati for now...

jeffrios

Reaction score
I use ATI because their drives work better for old games (1990's games) because I can still load one up and play it while textures will be messed up with the nvidia drivers. I also like the Avvivo Video converter :)

tscott

Reaction score
I like ATI I have a Radeon 9600 (256MB) , It's 500 times better then my nvidia card. Some nVidia are alright it's just according to what model you get, they sometimes have really low processor and have 256MB ram, anything 7000 and lower are the low line and usually have really horrible processors. That's how they can afford to sell them so cheap. Where ATI hardly ever has that problem and still sells pretty cheap cards, again if you buy from the lower line sometimes the cards aren't the best but may have the same Video Ram.

~Tyler

~Tyler

Sokota

Reaction score
ATI is better. im my opinion. I'm planning on getting a new pc soon, and yes, it will have an ATI!

Sokota

nightscream

Reaction score
I don't know which is better but always had ATI and never got troubles with it. So I vote for ATI :p

Chris73

Reaction score
I will vote for them both.. reason is... because i can tweak them both so far that they fry :(

naresh

Reaction score
Some how I am biased towards nVidia not because I feel ATI Radeon is not as good as nVidia but because of usage. I am using nVidia and am happy with that.

Agenator

Reaction score
I have used ATI and Nvidia and I must say that Nvidia has to win out for two reasons:
1. Great linux driver support (not so sure about ATI but its awesome having a really simple grafix driver install that is manufacturerer supported)
2. DX10 (Nvidia has had more experience making Direct X 10 graphics cards and has fixed all the bugs and stuff so that Crysis can be played with glee)
3. 8600 (a not so expensive DX10 grafix card compared to its older siblings (8800) but still works good as hell. I love my 8600 especially since I have one that has no fan but instead has a giant heat sink on it... thats pure design pwnage less parts to break, better cooling....)

luni1

Reaction score
well i have used both, so far two ati, and 1 nvidia, i just ordered a 512mb ati....so lets see if it can out do the nvidia i have in now ....if anyone wants to know what i have just ask....

Icecoldcoke

Reaction score
I vote ATI, I've owned my laptop and dekstop for the same amount of time, used the same amount of time, and the Nivida graphics card is giving me troubles when playing WoW.

Note : Laptop = ATI
Desktop = Nivida

Last edited:

luni1

Reaction score
i know i wont do a generic onboard graphics card again...they suck!!

Thewinator

Reaction score
I've had an ati x1600pro 512mb and i luved it.
Now i have a nvidia 8800gts 640mb and i luv it even more ;)
Its true that nvidia and linux are a better combination that ati and linux.
Thats about the only thing wich made me vote nvidia.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nvidia has always been good to me. It gets my vote.

cybercorey

Reaction score
According to the benchmarks the nVidea 8800 GTS ultra beats all cards and well it should for its price!

Status
Not open for further replies.