Automatic search function

jacksing

Reaction score
Hey, with this service being supported almost entirely from the forum - it is very important that people "use the ******* search function"

But, they do not.

Sooo... have you seen those forums that automatically return search results when the user types a title for their post? I have never set up a forums so I couldn't tell you how its done, though i believe it must be an ajax script.

Basically, the user types in the title, then when they either click on the message box or tab to it the search results appear between the title and the message box saying "Check That Your Topic Does Not Exist" or something like that.

I think it would really cut down on the number of multiple threads we are seeing - assuming this is possible on this forum.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Already installed if you've got Javascript enabled.

For instance, I just tried to create a thread called "test"

Here are the similar threads we found: Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post help me test tgkprog Off Topic 3 12-25-2007 01:16 PM The Makers Failed Their Own Test QuwenQ Feedback and Suggestions 1 12-17-2007 01:09 PM MySQL Speed test..... I need ur help !! careerbridge Scripts & 3rd Party Apps 11 07-20-2006 12:12 PM

Awesome suggestion though - thats why it's already there :)

cointoss

Reaction score
I think the auto-search feature is only enabled within the free hosting support section. Since technically all support questions should be posted there, possibly seeing a similar post saving you time and saving you from getting assaulted (lol) for asking a question that has already been answered. I think the problem is that people post support requests all over the forum...

Last edited:

jacksing

Reaction score
wow lol i had never seen that on any of my threads...

idk may i'm just that unique :)

AmirRezaee

Reaction score
It hasn't happened to me before! I never have seen the auto search function!