Automatically Place Ad's

funplus

Reaction score
Okay, basically, there is only one problem with this web hosting (which is not that bad). It is hard to put the advertisement on every page for my X10 Corporate Account.

Would it be possible for the server to automatically place an ad at the top of every page? That way, I would always be worried that I forget an ad, and there's no way I want to lose my account.

That way, you guys also wouldn't have to monitor the sites for advertisements all the time.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The only reason we dont want to do this is because it can really mess up the look of a site. Corey may be thinking about doing it in the future if he gets another server though.

funplus

Reaction score
If it's an option, I'd definitely want that. I was considering of dropping to X10 Static, being that I don't use much of the storage at all, however, I like the emails and SQL accounts.

I don't really care about a bar at the top. :D

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Forced ads are not very nice to have, as Tyler has said it really does mess up the look of a site. You really have no control over forced ads at all. At least this way you do.

B

Brandon

Tyler is right sometimes it screws with your site and messes the whole layout

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I would be good if it was optional. In my case, I prefer to put them myself.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
i agree if it was and option perhaps in the sigh ups it could say. if they did you couldn't have a shoutbox because the ads would get in the way!

do you want ads atomatically on your site.

hitman

Reaction score
Nooo, the optional is good, however if you build your site after you join, you can just use frames and have the ad on one frame while the pages load in the other. is alot easier to control the ad yourself

funplus

Reaction score
Well, the thing is, I'm constantly posting little doo-dads from Flash and Javascript and such, and I have forgotten to put the ad's on (which has been fixed ;)). It would be just as easy to leave out the frame code, especially since I'd have to program it into each page, because I'd want to be able to access it from the address bar.

Other than that, my Mambo site is perfect for ad's.

Kommercial

Reaction score
Is x10 Hosting ever going to go with paid accounts? I'm willing to pay to remove ads.

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
another proplem will also be with i frames and frames if you have them on your site and hosted it by x10hosting there would be adds on each one