Backing Up Cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the difference is between a full backup and a home backup? I want to backup my cpanel (files, sql logs, as much as possible) since I am attempting to mod my forums.

ALSO: How do u reinstall the backups? for instance if something were to go wrong while i was modding and i had to use the backup, how would i?

thanks for the help in advance! :grin:

Vietkid58

Reaction score
for restoring the backup, use the backup tool in cpanel to upload the backup...

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
ok but how do i make the complete backup of cpanel in the first place... and I want everything in the backup!

bigarte

Reaction score
CPanel has everything you need to backup your files, databases, aliases etc. Be aware that the backup file can be quite large.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Mines over 40MB... don't know how I would ever be able to upload it as it could time out or something

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
ok well now that you put it that way maybe if i only wanna back up everything associated with my forum... im attempting to mod in an arcade and a +rep system for my users... i only want to create backups so that if something goes wrong then i can have the backup... since i have skins/emoticons and other stuff already in it i want the sql logs and all of the files...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.